Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Very blurry QNH /757

Hi, now i have flewn a few legs with the 757 and it works really good,the only problem i have ran into is that when im going to change the air pressure(QNH) the digits are REALLY blurry so its impossible to see...Anyone else got the same problem?( i guess the only place to enter the qnh is on the analoge altimeter to the right of the horizontal indicator).Anyone got a sollution for this?(EDIT: Maybe the correct description of the problem isnt blurry, its more like SO small so it becomes a blur)/Niklas :)

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,Afraid that's life when you have good old fashioned steam-driven instruments. And at least you only have to change one - real world I suspect you would have to change both independently.Do the change slowly - its never more than a few mb or ins and nothing you need to do in a hurry. If you have blurring, that will stop it.Keep working at it - regardsJohn R

Hi John! Thanks once again for your great answers, hm not sure if you understood what i meant, my problem is that the digits that shows what qnh i have turned in...The digits are so small so its impossible to read what they say so its very hard to enter the correct qnh,maybe that was what you where saying?

Niklas Eriksson

What screen size and resolution do you use - the altimeter setting digits on both intruments are quite clear on my set ups.John R

Guest Jake Lee

>Hi John! Thanks once again for your great answers, >hm not sure if you understood what i meant, my problem is that>the digits that shows what qnh i have turned in...>The digits are so small so its impossible to read what they>say so its very hard to enter the correct qnh,>maybe that was what you where saying? If you place the mouse curser next to the BARO knob, a little white screen should pop up showing QNH. Put the mouse in the middle of the knob, it should show up. And, in the real-world, each altimeter is changed individually.

Hi John,Im using 1152x864 pixels on my 17" screen

Niklas Eriksson

Guest Phoenix5

Pressing the key on your keyboard will set the current QNH in flight sim. I also have the key set up to automatically set 1013 when I press the key.

If i place my cursor on the baro knob in the 757 nothing happens. so i still have to try guess what qnh i have set in...When its on standard preassure(1013 , 29.92) the 29.92 is rather easy to read out but the 1013 is impossible=(

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas.1. The mb are quite clear on two systems here so I suspect you have a graphics/monitor problem.2. To see the read out make sure you have tooltips selected {settings/general}.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.