Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

B772LR - Back Course

Guest franksalot

Just recently I've come across default Fs9 Airports that only have ILS/G/S at one end of the Rwy (other cases ILS no G/S), how does the T7 deal with this situation? I don't see a 'BC' button on the Panel...? Manual landing? - not really satisfactory, unless 'Alternative' can be considered? "Not on my Watch" :)Ken

Guest franksalot

No one?Ken

Ken,Been doing some research - no luck yet on finding out how {or "If" as its a pretty archaic system} the rw 777 uses BC.What do you think?John R

Guest franksalot

Thanks for your reply John, I'm not at all sure what goes on....it's the sort of question that makes people 'cross to the other side of the street' :)Anyway, I'm on the way to Bahrain at the moment, that Airport has a Rwy such as I described, I may have a go the the non G/S end to see what happens, I'm Online so have to be sure no other pilots/ATC are around! I'll report back!Ken

See you just coasting in over Lebanon - good luck.John

Guest franksalot

"just coasting in over Lebanon"? I know it's not Concorde but nearly....523 kts :)Joking aside it's amazing how Tracking technology has improved, VRoute tells me everything I need to know except what I'm having for tea!Ken

Guest franksalot

Hi John, Looks like the T7 is not equipped to handle a BC, pity! On my 'Test' landing it even turned away from the published ILS Frequency? The PSS Team must have overlooked the BC feature. I did complete a manual landing though, and still had a few yards of runway left :) .Jpg of touchdown attached.Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.