Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeonghui

Pss B777 MCP

Daryl,Seem to me that you might be somehow using the FS9 autopilot and that there could still be a problem with your default flight.Are you able to use Windows Explorer {or any similar programme} to rename files or copy them around the computer?If you can, I will take you through another way of resetting the default flight.John

Guest jeonghui

John,yes i can. Hopefully thats the problemDaryl

Daryl,I can reproduce some of your symptoms by using the FS9 "Z" key to engage the AP - reason is that the AP in the PSS 777/757 are more sophisticated than the AP in the default aircraft.The following procedure will rebuild your "FS9.cfg" file and will reset the basic FS9 default values.1. In Windows Explorer go to the following folder:C:Documents and settingsYour NameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9{Note - If you cannot see any of these folders go to the "Tools - Foder Options - View" menu and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders"}2. In the FS9 folder, Right Click on the file "FS9.cfg" and click on "Rename". Change the name to "FS9.bak". Click on another file and click ok to confirm the change.3. Close Explorer and start FS9. It will start at the "Getting Started" page as if a new installation. Just go to "Create a Flight" - load the 777 and away you go!Try that simple AP check flight I suggested previously and let me know how you get on.John R

Guest jeonghui

John R,done everything you said.however, when i rename the file, it doesnt ask me to confirm the change. i dont think this is a major problem. but when i start FS9, it start at the last screen when i last played which is (select a flight). when i tried to fly, same thing happen again. aircraft continues speeding up above 10000ft and wings not level off. I guess this is not a day to day problem you face. HAHA.Daryl

Daryl,"i dont think this is a major problem"It is - it means that you have not renamed the file correctly!So please try again and ensure that before you exit Win Explorer, that file reads FS9.bak!John RPS My details are on AVSIM with a time zone of zulu - whats your location?John R

Guest jeonghui

John R,I've already done it. Still same thing. BTW im in Malaysia which is 8hrs ahead of zulu.Daryl

Daryl,ThanksAs you have now successfully rebuilt the FS9.cfg - mmmm ......I've seen some of your problems before but not all and usually they are easy to fix.It sounds as though at sometimes your AP is not engaging and at other times it engages but with interference.A couple more questions:1. What are your system specs - Processor, RAM, Graphics card?2. Do you have other aircraft add-ons such as PMDG or LDS - just to check that their AP work ok?3. Which version of FSUIPC are you using and have you made any changes here?4. Other add-ons?John R

Guest jeonghui

John R, hi,my com specs are are Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 6200 turbocache.sorry no pmdg or LDS, but i just got WILCO b737. It uses the same CDU and MCP interface with only slught difference and im having problem with that too. So im guessing its not PSS software thats the bug. As for FSUIPC, I have a registered version 3.72 that comes with Wide FS. besides AP, i also found out that my WX radar isnt working. Daryl

Daryl,OK - this is getting interesting. Basically, I am playing with my installation to see if I can reproduce your problems. So more questions:1. Can you adjust the aircraft fuel load using the PSS Set up manu?2. In the FMC Perf page - what happens when you right click against ZFW.3. What doos the weather radar show on the ND when you first load the aircraft - and does this disply ever change?John

Guest jeonghui

John,I'll make it short and simple.1. Cant adjust fuel load2. The amount of fuel i carry onboard becomes gross weight.3. Weather radar shows test colours without any change.Daryl

Daryl,I'll be back on in an hour but you have an FSUIPC problem. Either it is in the wrong folder or it is corrupted.Look in the Modules folder - is FSUIPC.dll there?See you later.John

Guest jeonghui

John,yes its in the folder. Hey, im afraid to say that i will not be in for a month as im going on a holiday. So mayb we can continue this well, next year. sorry and thanks for the help so far.Daryl

Guest jeonghui

john R,ame back. i redownload the FSUIPC and got it. Everything is smooth sailing now. thanks so much:-)Happy New Year!!Daryl

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.