Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeonghui

Pss B777 MCP

Guest jeonghui

hi,im daryl, and i just got the PSS B777. As im new to this panel, i decided to take the tutorial flight to get use to the FMC and CDU.everything went smoothly until takeoff. Once i engaged the autopilot(the LNAV and VNAV already on on the ground. A/T also engaged) the plane rolls hard left and right. and the VS also drops to about -3000. i've been searching tons of forums but nothing can help. is it because of the software problem or is the autopilot meant to rol left and right. please help!!! tqDaryl

Daryl,Good Mornng. First thing to look at is how you load the 777 in the first place. You have the classic symptoms of not loading the aircraft correctly.It is important that, initially, FS9 is started with its original default flight. This ensures that the 777 initialises correctly.Please see this link:http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/defaul...displayfaq&id=8and ensure you follow this advice. If the AP is still playing up, please post back.Good LuckJohn Rooum

Guest jeonghui

hey,1st of all, Thank you very much. I appreciate your time for helping me. But unfortunately i tried the default flight but the same thing still happen. i've reread the tutorial and it says something im not so sure what it means. It says (you must not have changed the original FS default flight, if you have it will cause problems, please reset it to flights/other/'FLTSIM.FLT') i think i may have done something with the default flight but the problem is i dont know what and i also dont know what it means about FLTSIM.FLT. I would really appreciate if you can spend a couple of minutes to elaborate more about this. thanks Daryl

Daryl,OK we can resolve this easily but first - whcu version of the 777 do you have? Is it the cd version of the download version?John R

Guest jeonghui

hi john,i downloaded the PSS b777.

Daryl,Forget the tutorial for a while. Lets get you into the correct default flight first.As I said, please use this link:http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/defaul...displayfaq&id=8When you get to the last section in "Choose a Flight" highlight "default flight". Then tick the box "Make this the default flight"Now you will always start with the Cessna at KSEA in the correct state to load the PSS aircraft and set whatever else {time location weather etc} you need.RegardsJohn

Guest jeonghui

hi john,alright i did what you told me to do. so i already set the autopilot after but not using VNAV and LNAV. i used hdg selector and VS/FPA button. But a funny came accross me.I assigned letter 'Z' on my keyboard to engaged autopilot. so when i used Z to engaged, the autopilot lights does not come on. but i dont have controls on the flight (o yea, the flight director already on). but once i use the mouse to click the autpilot, it lights up and the plane rolls. however, i still can control the roll and pitch of the plane (the plane will still roll if i dont steer the plane) i also found out that when it is alligned to its assigned HDG, the plane rolls hard to maintain the HDg instead of applying minimal steering. i find this quite strange as most other simulator planes i fly do not behave like that. i just want to tell you that im only 16 this year and im not a pilot. i just really enjoy flying. maybe im missing something that you might be able to tell me. thanks a lot.Daryl

Daryl,I am off line now until this evening {zulu}. In the meantime, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the 777 - that could be the problem.If not I can "walk" you though loading; initialisation take off and then AP engage.John R

Guest jeonghui

johnalright i'll do the reinstall. i would really appreciate if you can do the 'walk' through. thanksDaryl

Guest Callmecapt

One thing I will mention here. Make sure, when you engage the autopilot, you are AT LEAST 500ft AGL (above ground level) Hope you can get it going as it really a spectacular aircraft. I've done 2 extreme long hauls with it and all went brilliantly.Goran

Guest jeonghui

hi,hey anyone out there. i need some advice. can someone tell me the difference between pressing button 'Z' (assigned for autopilot engage) and clicking the A/P button on the MCP. i tried both and the plane reacts differently. so im very confused here. To John R, i have been waiting for your 'walk through' so if your not too busy i appreciate it. Daryl

Daryl,You are not the only one getting confused ..............!So, firstly, forget about assigning keys to functions on the MCP - we can do that once we get you flying properly.Secondly, did you do the re-install as I asked??Also, please come up on the end of the posts so I do not miss you.John R

Guest jeonghui

John,hey, thanks for replying. I have already re-install the plane as asked. And sorry bout not replying at the end of the post. I'm still quite new here and it takes time to get use to it. my bad. Daryl

Daryl,Firstly, do not worry about your English. Its fine - I certainly could not describe things in another language as you do.So lets to start lets try a very basic autopilot check as follows:1. Load the 777 from the default flight on a runway.2. Set the fuel at about 50% and run through the FMC initialisation {ignore the route} using a cruise height of 10000ft and 15 flap.3. Set the MCP: FD "on"; AT "arm"; Speed "250"; Hdg to Runway heading; Height "10000"4. Check brakes off & flap 15 then right click on the AT switch {AT light on}. Take off, gear up when safely airborne, follow the FD for pitch and roll and bring the flaps up so that you have selected up by about 190 kts.5. Now at about 1500 ft select the AP by pushing the AP button - do not use the keyboard. The aircraft should hold wings level, speed should increase to 250 - 260 kts and the aircraft should climb to 10000 ft where it levels off and the speed settles at 250 kts.That is where my 777 is sitting now - let me know what you see?John R

Guest jeonghui

John R,Okay, first, thanks for the walk through. So i followed your guides step by step. Done everything you said without problem. but unfortunately, my plane didnt turn out the same as what you mention. Once 1500ft, AP on using button, plane banks left and right(instead of levelling off). i set heading to runway heading already. this continues until i reach 10000ft. Next problem, auto throttle wasnt controlling my throttle at all. once reach 250kts, it keep goin up. Next, my plane did not level off at 10000ft. it keep goin up banking left and right. Im pretty puzzled here. Daryl

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.