Sign in to follow this  
Guest patrouille2001

need help Installing 757

Guest patrouille2001

Hi EveryoneI have tried to install the Pheonix 757 and the default program says it is Real Player. Is there anyone that knows how to change the program to open it.I have tried to right click and where it says open with, what program should I choose.Any help would be greatly apreciated ThanksPaul

Paul,With the shop closed at the moment, where did you get the 757 from? This might give us a clue of the problem.John R

Guest patrouille2001

>Paul,>>With the shop closed at the moment, where did you get the 757>from? This might give us a clue of the problem.>>John R>>Hi There JohnI had the initial download instaler on C.D, as I purchased the product when it first came out and I like to back up my files on C.D. I then thought I would just like any download just install the product. I might add that this is happening for any download I have on C.D. and everyone seems to wants Real Player to open the files. I need to know how to change back to original installer.Thanks for any help.Paul

Paul,Whoops! Sounds like somehow you have associated RP with all the .exe files on the CD. Good old Windows.However, for PSS products, just log in to their web site and do a re-install from there - and you will ensure that you have the latest updates.John RPS. That part of the site is still working - I have just checked it.

Guest patrouille2001

>Paul,>>Whoops! Sounds like somehow you have associated RP with all>the .exe files on the CD. Good old Windows.>>However, for PSS products, just log in to their web site and>do a re-install from there - and you will ensure that you have>the latest updates.>>John R>>PS. That part of the site is still working - I have just>checked it.Hi RogerI do apreciate all the help and I have done what you said and it still comes back with a fresh download with Real Player. Any ideas on how to get the original file back. Many Many thanks for any helpPaul

Guest patrouille2001

Hi RogerMany Thanks and I have solved it by using System Restore and turning the computer back 24 hours. This solved it and once again many thanksPaul

Guest Mike Phyrio

>Paul,>>Actually its John!>>Well Done>>JohnRoger that!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.