Sign in to follow this  
Marinjohn

A Strange Braking Problem

i have noticed during my last few flights in the 777 that when i land and reverse thrust that i have no brakes,so the plane runs off the end of the runway......after the plane has stopped and i throttle up to go back to the airport the brakes work ok,as they do while taxing for take off...thought it may have been something to do with joystick settings,so i put on my old joystick,but it is still the same...all my other planes are fine,any ideas????

Collie,1. Is this when using Autobrake?2. Do you get the auto-spoilers deplying on touchdown?John R

yes, it is when using autobrake, i have just tried it with autobrake disarmed and the brakes are working again....any reasons why this should be??? thanks for your reply.

And the auto-spoilers??John RPS please sign your name - nice to know who we are talking to.

John,Sorry my terminology might be wrong - did the armed spoilers actually deploy on touchdown.And a second question - which 777 version are you using? We did some work on the aircraft.cfg at one time to ensure we got aurobrakes and spoilers on TD.John R

John, Have just landed the 777 but no spoilers deployed,still no brakes...I have the boxed version of the 777 with sp2 installed........ John C

John,As you will know, the Just Flight version is slightly different from that bought direct from PSS. However, the basics should be the same.I assume that your problem occurs on both manual and automatic landings?If so and if you wish, post a copy of the problem aircraft.cfg here - I'll have a look at it and if necessary fly it to try and reproduce the problem.John R

John, Oops I think I have it sorted....Got a new computer a couple of weeks ago and reckon I forgot to install the second patch...So ran it again and the problem seems to be solved,,however I did notice on checking the spot view on landing that the speed brakes are not showing,but does not really bother me as the plane now stops before running out of runway...So I can now enjoy some lovely flights in this great plane...Thank you for all your help........... John C

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.