Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy46

Reinstall not working

Hi all! Had a necessity to reinstall FS9 and am sorting out problems. Inre: PSS my 757 caused CTD's when I tried to load it so I did a reinstall from the PSS website. No more CTD's but now the panel is sans gauges. I think I remember this is due to a license or key problem but do not remember how to fix it. Thought a reinstall would do it but no.Any ideas would be greatfully accepted.ThanksJohn

John,Reinstall should have done.Exactly which gauges are you missing - do you have the gauges but no fonts? That's a different problem.If you still think its a key problem - run an uninstall and then manually delete all the PSS 757 files and re-install again.If that fails, the next stage might be to look in the registry and clean out the 757 entries.John Rooum

Ok. Here's what's happening now. I tried to unistall both my PSS757 and 777 from the "Add Remove" on the control panel and I get an error message "Cannot open Config file". So I can't uninstall the programs. Coincidentally, I noticed that my FS9 program is showing version 9.0 even after downloading and installing version 9.1 after my reinstall of the Sim program a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if that could be screwing it up but maybe.Any further help would be appreciated.Thanx, John

John.As you say, you certainly have something screwed up! If 9.1 is installed correctly, it shows up clearly when you run FS and look at the "Help" + "About" dialogue box. Perhaps try running the installer again.OTH this should not prevent you using the PSS aircraft. Try manually deleting all PSS files from FS9 - particularly the FS9/PSS folder, the PSS folders within the aircraft folder and the PSS gauge file in the Gauges folder.Then re-install from the web site and see what you get!Good LuckJohn R

Here's the latest. I removed all PSS 757 and 777 files from my computer as suggested. On downloading the reinstall got this error message regarding the following files:"Invalid or corrupt file." 757C:DOCUME~1OWNER~1.YOULOCALS~1Temp02a69d5a021eac4f5fac247468634104base.datC:DOCUME~1OWNER~1.YOULOCALS~1Temp02a69d5a021eac4f5fac247468634104unpack*.*777C:DOCUME~1OWNER~1.YOULOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eabase.datC:DOCUME~1OWNER~1.YOULOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eaunpack*.*LiveryC:DOCUME~1OWNER~1.YOULOCALS~1Temp02a69d5a021eac4f5fac247468634999PSS-B752_UAL.datC:DOCUME~1OWNER~1.YOULOCALS~1Temp02a69d5a021eac4f5fac247468634999unpackI checked and the planes were not installed on my computer.As to the FS9.1 problem Im waiting for a response from Microsoft.

John,Your system needs a good clean out. For PSS delete all those files from the C:.....Temp folder along with any other similar ones. That will get your PSS aircraft installing again.For FS9.1, I suspect that you have a similar problem. I have never seen it myself but the FS9 forum might help here if you wish to check whether it is worth deleting all the files in the folder.John R

Well, I cleaned my temporary files folder and still get the same error: "Zip file read error". I've deleted and downloaded the setup zip file several times and it's the same thing. I ran a search for all files related to PSS and eliminated all that were applicable. I still have the PSS showing on my Add/Remove utility and when I click to remove the program I get error: "Cannot load initialization file"I'm stumped

JohnIf you are still stumped, a few clues:1. The "Cannot load initialization file" is because you have already deleted the 757 uninstall file from your system. The entry remains in the Add/Remove dialogue but it cannot action anything.2. A registry clean might help.3. More likely - start again by uninstalling FS9, cleaning your HDD and re-installing from square one.John Rooum

Very glad to report that my PSS reinstall problem is now fixed. Of course, the simplist solution was the one that fixed it. I forgot that I had a copy on my zip drive and when I transfered them over I was able to do a download of the 1.3 update and now all is well.I really want to thank you John Rooum for your persistance in helping me. Cheers mate!Best,John Herzog

I am pleased to report that my 757 problem is now fixed. Of course, the simplest solution was the one that worked. I forgot that I had a copy on my zip drive (moving the copy on my hard drive was not working) and moved that over and updated with v1.3 and now all is well. I wanted to thank you John Rooum for your persistance in helping me. Cheers mate.Best,John Herzog

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.