Sign in to follow this  
sab12

V1.3 757 FMC/MCP Landing Procedure

I have just updated to the v1.3 757 and am having a problem which I don't recall having with v1.2.During landing, I get to the point where I want to use the speed selector to take over managing the airspeed part of the approach with no problem. However, when I use the speed selector, its setting seems to be ignored and the airspeed just continues to slowly decrease.I begin my flights with the default C-172. At this point in the descent, my MCP altitude is set to where I want it to be for ILS interception. VNAV is still active. The airspeed inserted by the FMC to the descent waypoints after I load the FS flight plan is 240.The tutorial (pg 28) doesn't mention making any other FMC/MCP setting changes.What am I doing wrong?Thanks,

I found the solution - remove and reload the 757 v1.3 under Microsoft's KB331796 clean boot procedure.I have found that this is absolutely necessary for FSX installs but now I plan to use it for every FS9 one as well.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.