Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

757 Just Flight Announcement

Just Flight's website has announced they are soon to be releasing 757 Professional for FS2004, but adds that an FSX update for it is now unlikely. This is contrary to all previous PSS announcements about FSX. Do Just Flight know something we don't?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Maybe they got just as fed up as waiting as the rest of us. Even though I'm not upgrading to FSX quite yet, I was hoping for some bug fixes for FS9 to be released around the same time.With that announcement, and Steven leaving, plus no word from anyone else at PSS, and their store being down for over a month, it isn't hard to imagine that all the rumours recently might just be true, and PSS is about to pack up shop.I kinda felt sorry for Steven in his role as PSS support - it almost seemed that he was kept as much in the dark as we were.I just hope that us end users who have purchased the download versions will be given the files that we have to download from the PSS servers. Allowing us access to all the liveries as well would be nice... (assuming PSS is about to vanish of course)

Guest firehawk44

All the indicators of a total shutdown and closure of PSS are there and moving their products slowly over to Just Flight makes sense to me (perhaps some of the aircraft developers moved over there?). Even major corporations close down or reorganize. I hate to see PSS close down because I really enjoyed ALL their products over the years. I'm sure other companies will pick up where PSS finished and we'll have a FSX version of the 757 and 777 (not an upgrade) someday soon. However, since the 757 and 777 are so similar to the 767 (as flight sims), it's personally hard for me to justify getting the 757 or 777 after getting LevelD's 767. What more is there to learn? I wish PSS and their staff well and thanks for increasing my education and enjoyment in the world of aviation.Best regards,Jim

757 panel is very similar to the 767, but the 777 is a completely different beast. I'd strongly recommend the PSS 777, especially if there's a sale on.PSS have always sold their products through Just Flight so the 757 being available there is nothing new. It was just the comment about no FSX update which caught my eye.Just Flight are primarily publishers, they don't do much development, certainly not aircraft or scenery add-ons.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest firehawk44

"757 panel is very similar to the 767, but the 777 is a completely different beast. I'd strongly recommend the PSS 777, especially if there's a sale on."Agree. I already own them all...Best regards,Jim

I thought you said you couldn't justify either because they were so similar to the 767.No matterKevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest firehawk44

"I thought you said you couldn't justify either because they were so similar to the 767."Communication within forums is difficult. Apologize for any confusion I might have caused. In my earlier post, I was discussing upgrading to FSX should the PSS 757/777 were ever upgraded. I own the FS9 versions.Best regards,Jim

Guest MartynN

>Just Flight are primarily publishers, they don't do much>development, certainly not aircraft or scenery add-ons.>>KevinReally?! You might be surprised!:-JF Flying Club range-Airliner Pilot-Cargo Pilot-Traffic series-B17 Memphis Belle-Spitfire-VFR Real SceneryUnfortunately its a common misconception that we don't do much in-house development. We have created some of the biggest selling titles in FS ;-)

Look, I said PRIMARILY publishers. I know they develop non-aircraft products. Cargo Pilot and Airliner Pilot are career simulations, not aircraft add-ons, for example.Spitfire was developed by Aeroplane Heaven, not Just Flight. I thought the Flying Club aircraft were also externally developed, the FS9 Flying Club scenery certainly was. My apologies if this is not the case.I didn't realise VFR scenery was in house developed, so apologies for including scenery generically in my comment.We're talking about PSS stuff here and in that case JF publishes their products in a re-packaged form.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest MartynN

>Look, I said PRIMARILY publishers. I know they develop>non-aircraft products. Cargo Pilot and Airliner Pilot are>career simulations, not aircraft add-ons, for example.>>Spitfire was developed by Aeroplane Heaven, not Just Flight. >>>I thought the Flying Club aircraft were also externally>developed, the FS9 Flying Club scenery certainly was. My>apologies if this is not the case.>>I didn't realise VFR scenery was in house developed, so>apologies for including scenery generically in my comment.>>We're talking about PSS stuff here and in that case JF>publishes their products in a re-packaged form.>>Kevin>No need to apologise, I just thought I'd point it out. (I was referring to our Spitfire rather than the AH version).This is clearly an 'edgy' forum, so I'll go back behind my rock :-D

Edgy is not the word. As they used to say in the cowboy films: "It's quiet." "Yeah, too darn quiet."Forgot about that other Spitfire. Quite a confusing product line you have. ;)Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Martyn,They are not really edgy, they are just waiting; and it must seem to them that you guys down in Stukeley Meadows know whats going on {which is understandable knowing your relationship with PSS} - and are able to publish it.John Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.