Sign in to follow this  
melb00m

757 Load Editor Problems? Here

Hi everyone,I just found a solution for my 757 Load Editor problem, which kept giving me the "Flight Simulator Path Not Found"-Message although I used the tool mentioned in this forum to set this path. This worked for all other tools that require the FS9 path, but not for the Load Editor.The thing is that I am running Windows XP Professional x64, the 64bit version of Windows XP. In this OS, 32 bit software (like FS9 and most other software) runs in an 32bit emulation mode. And, the important part, 32bit applications get slightly different registry folders than they used to have in a regular 32bit Windows.And that

I am running vista, you may have seen my previous post, I saved it and it can not be imported, it says it is not a registry file, I saved as .reg and it says it can only import binary registry files.

I am running vista, you may have seen my previous post, I saved it and it can not be imported, it says it is not a registry file, I saved as .reg and it says it can only import binary registry files.
The code is missing the most important line so it wont work.Just add this header to the top line of the file and it will be able to be imported into the registry..."Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"

The code is missing the most important line so it wont work.Just add this header to the top line of the file and it will be able to be imported into the registry..."Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"
HiI need some help.Could somebodi post me registry file.I have a problem with last line.If my exe path is: D://Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9What should be in last line?(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0)"EXE Path"="H:\\Games_x64\\FS2004" ThanksEdin

Hi Edin,In your case, the value data for the key "HKLM/Software/microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/9.0/EXE Path" should read:D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9Edit the string with this line and you should be ok.Post back if it doesn't workJohn R

Hi John and thanks.I didn't try yet, just to be sure.You suggest me just to modify the value data for the key "HKLM/Software/microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/9.0/EXE Path" with regedit command, without creating whole reg file posted above.Edin

Hi Edin,In your case, the value data for the key "HKLM/Software/microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/9.0/EXE Path" should read:D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9Edit the string with this line and you should be ok.Post back if it doesn't workJohn R

Edin,More discussion on this here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239181&st=0Also there are a couple of other very detailed posts on this issue - search for 757 load editor.In sum, you do not need to create a new reg file {although I would always make a backup of the current one before you change anything}. All you need to do is to modify the current registry by adding the entry I specified above. I have Win 7 now and use this method whenever I install the 757.Good LuckJohn R

Thanks John.I will try and report.I'm on XP 64bit, PSS B777 works OK.I'm doing regular backup with Acronis, but in this case, If I screw something, I will just delete specified registry entrieOne more question. What about dsd_xml_tcas.dll. Shouls I delete (rename this file).As I read it help in improving FPS.Edin

Edin,More discussion on this here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239181&st=0Also there are a couple of other very detailed posts on this issue - search for 757 load editor.In sum, you do not need to create a new reg file {although I would always make a backup of the current one before you change anything}. All you need to do is to modify the current registry by adding the entry I specified above. I have Win 7 now and use this method whenever I install the 757.Good LuckJohn R

Thanks John.I will try and report.I'm on XP 64bit, PSS B777 works OK.I'm doing regular backup with Acronis, but in this case, If I screw something, I will just delete specified registry entrieOne more question. What about dsd_xml_tcas.dll. Shouls I delete (rename this file).As I read it help in improving FPS.Edin
1. Sorry I misunderstood and thought you were Vista. No problems just put in that registry key manually {although the Flight1 tool should have sorted it out for XP}2. Yes - that file has caused problems in the past. Just rename it.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.