Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Installation Question?

I would like to install both versions of my PSS757-200. One version being the one without the Virtual Cockpit, and the other with the Virtual Cockpit. Is it possible to have both on the same machine so that I can choose to use the Virtual Cockpit or not, depending on the type fllight I fly? If possible, how should I install? Thanks.

Off the top of my head, I believe this is done automatically. You just chose the 'No VC' option when selecting the aircraft in Flight Sim.

Guest bjjones

The only difference I believe is in the model that is downloaded, if you install with VC, and copy the model folders, then reinstall without VC you can combine both sets of folders and create dual entries in the Aircraft.cfgs, not a straight forward procedure but certainly doable.

777Each version {sold separately} installs both options into FS9 so that you have the option of VC/noVC in the aircraft menu.757All eleven versions are sold as one download and you must choose on installation either VC or no VC form all versions. I guess this was decided as it was felt impractical to expect people to want to clutter up their drive with 22 versions {along with all the liveries}. So Ben's answer is correct - if you need a VC/noVC option for any particular version, do a manual installation.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.