Sign in to follow this  
Guest roystondh

Transition from the 767 to the 757

Guest roystondh

I've been flying the level D 767 for some months now and want to start flying the 757 because of the flexibility it brings me in terms of usable airports.Naturally I now have a higher expectation level of what can be achieved in terms of realism and system modeling.Do people feel that the Phoenix 757 is of equal quality ?How smooth is the transition likely to be given that the FMC etc should be more or less the same as per the real world counterparts ?I am likely to go for the Just Flight version as I value having a printed handbook to refer to.Thanks in advanceRH

>>I've been flying the level D 767 for some months now and want>to start flying the 757 because of the flexibility it brings>me in terms of usable airports.>>Naturally I now have a higher expectation level of what can be>achieved in terms of realism and system modeling.>>Do people feel that the Phoenix 757 is of equal quality ?No. It's of OK quality, but nowhere near PMDG or LDS' standards.>How smooth is the transition likely to be given that the FMC>etc should be more or less the same as per the real world>counterparts ?There are some parts that are different to real world, ie ILS radios. This is modelled with an ILS section on the NAV RAD page of the FMC, instead of the separate ILS panel on the pedestal. Overall though, you should have no problems converting.>I am likely to go for the Just Flight version as I value>having a printed handbook to refer to.You'll have no option as the PSS store has been offline for months now and shows no sign of coming back up. This is also true of their support, with the guy in charge recently quitting (I suspect becuase he was getting as little support/info from PSS as the rest of us were). So expect no after sales support (as Just Flight are just a publisher and not a developer), or any FSX version.There are also still a number of minor bugs that exist. Reading the forums will allow you to understand what to expect.I own both the LDS 767 and PSS 757, and feel that the PSS product is only just good enough to stay on the hard drive.Hope this helps...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.