Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Has anyone Gotten the blurries out with an ATI ?

Hello all, I have an ATI 8500 128mb. I have tried almost every trick in the book, and have fiddled with Rage 3D tweak for god knows how long, and I have never found a combination that rid me of the blurries! I have also tried all the FS2002.cfg changes possible. If you have succeded with this (or ANY ATI card), please let me know how!!!! Or if any of you have any worthwhile tips to give, then by all means!Thanks alot everyone!

Guest outtatimeiii

I got a Radeon 64MB VIVO (which is a Radeon 7200 with capturing ability). I really dont have any sort of blurry problem with FS2002, maybe a little off in the distance, but theres usually no noticable burries. I been a bit reluctant on upgrading my DirectX and Catalyst drivers, since FS2002 works great with DX8.1 (the one with XP) and Catalyst 2.3. As far as I know, I haven't tweaked anything other than the standard FS2002 settings.

Hi Max:I run a Radeon 8500 64MB on an aging PIII 750 with Windows 98 and have occasional problems with blurry textures but usually only when there's lots of AI around or other scenery, or when I switch views often. Anyway, send me an email and give me more detail about when and where the blurries occur, and maybe send the relevant section in the scenery.cfg file as well.Cheers, Holger (hsandman@sfu.ca)

me again:another thing: you mention that you've looked into the various options for setting parameters in scenery.cfg. I assume that you're familiar with the very helpful and detailed threads in this and other forums? If not, go to the following post and look at the threads listed in Paul's signature:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8Cheers, Holger

OK, does anyone know how to adjust the LOD bias on an ATI card?

Hi Max:with your "courteous" replies to people's answers to your question, don't be surprised if you're ending up being stuck with your blurries :-(Have a nice day,Holger