Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Avsim vs Flightsim RTW Race - Pre-Race Thread #1

Guest Willy McCoy

dcc, you flying the Flyer? I'm flying the '09 Curtiss Rhiems Racer. WillyCo-ConspiratorTeam Outhouse

Guest henryb

>dcc, you flying the Flyer? I'm flying the '09 Curtiss Rhiems>Racer. >>Willy>Co-Conspirator>Team Outhouse So like i cannot use the flying bikeH:-cool

Hi Greg,Are you flying with Avsim this year? Thanks,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hi AEHope you will join us. This is not RL of course, but a bit of adventure nevertheless.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest SoarPics

"Hi Greg,Are you flying with Avsim this year?"I wouldn't fly for anyone else, Joe. I'll be available.Greg

Hello Team Avsim,I've really been looking forward to this event. This will be my third race and I plan to be available even if I have to take a day of leave. In fact the race has motivated me to try multiplayer. Had my first wobbly session on bushnet and first teamspeak experience tonight. Even if I cannot fly a leg I should be able to fly chase and share in the experience. I've got two fast turboprops that I'm practicing with:FSD Cheyenne LS400FSD Piaggio P180 AvantiThe Avanti is faster but I still like the Cheyenne better.Jeff Williams (KDCA)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

The Cheyenne ruled last year's race. I think the race gave a nice boost to FSD sales ;)I'd not be surprised if the Avanti will do the same this year. It's a really nice aircraft though I've yet to test it in severe crosswind conditions such as might be encountered in the Kurille islands.

Jeff and Jeroen,Is TeamSpeak easy to use? Any suggestions to a novice about how to get it to work?I guess that we all need to do some more testing with the Avanti. Jeroen, you're right that we need to be confident about its poor weather and small airfield capabilities. That steady and robust Cheyenne has proven a wonderful warhorse. But if Michael Schumacher can dominate with the Ferrari, then one supposes that Team AVSIM should take a look at the Piaggio.Best,Mike(I guess that we should give credit to our friends over at FSD for their willingness to take on interesting projects!)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

TS is easy to use and configure. Far better than RW was and free of nasties.I'm continuing my testing of the Avanti as well, so far it performs well (though I've not yet tried it in really bad winds, few knots of crosswind was no problem).

Guest sfoofficer

Would love to. Thanks for the invite. Wherever you guys need me for this, I'll be there. Currently availability is Sun thru Thurs, 3p - 9p and Fri and Sat, 11a - 1a.Have some ideas on aircraft (and want to confirm my primary choice), but it was said not to post here. Where can I send this for the okay?AE

you know what we used to great effect last year? There's something faster now from the source we used to get what we used last year which so far looks to be quite capable under even adverse conditions.

Guest dcc

>you know what we used to great effect last year? There's>something faster now from the source we used to get what we>used last year which so far looks to be quite capable under>even adverse conditions.hmmmm.... I wonder what that could be :) ... I bet you guys are planning to use one of our biplanes now aren't you! - dcc

>>you know what we used to great effect last year? There's>>something faster now from the source we used to get what we>>used last year which so far looks to be quite capable under>>even adverse conditions.>>>hmmmm.... I wonder what that could be :) ... I bet you guys>are planning to use one of our biplanes now aren't you! >>- dccDrat, he found out our secret weapon. Now we'll have to find something else.

Best Homer Simpson Voice.....Doooohhhhh....!!!!

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Willy McCoy

dcc, took the Wright Flyer up last night and got about 20 minutes of straight flight out of it. Heck, we're ready to go now!!WillyCo ConspiratorTeam Outhouse