Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Fly on Bushnet??

I am hoping to fly a leg of the race and think that I may fly it using the Bushnet (using Teamspeak) . The AVSIM Bushnet is a vastly under-used and easy-to-use resource. I know that a few people simply connect to the Bushnet whenever they fly because it is so easy -- but nevertheless, I have not found that to be a particularly satisfying experience as I usually fly alone and don't even get to have default AI traffic.But in the case of this race, I believe that it could be used - if the powers-to-be at AVSIM consider that the server could handle the load. Anyway, I would find this to be a far more pleasurable way to go than VATSIM.I guess if others wanted to fly with VATSIM, I could still fly my leg (if I manage to get one) on Bushnet anyway.What say you?Regards Barry

Hi Tom,I posted asking permission of this in the Bush net Forum yesterday morning, as well as shooting a PM to David who I think runs the servers for Bush Net and the Team Speak Server.Bush Net post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2509&page=I was waiting for an ok when I saw this thread appear, and didn't want to speak for them.Thanks for all your support, I think we're off to a great start thus far.Regards,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Cessna 172 Voice recognition Profile here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Joe, as far as loading is concerned, mattj@avsim.com is the guy to talk to. Other than that, I doubt that the RTW would have any issues using the AVSIM Bush Net server.

Great, thanks Tom.I think the only issue which I think Jeroen brought up was that since FSHost is run on Bushnet, I think he mentione d aconcern with FSnav or another program running while on Multi-Player.I'll see if I can find the thread on that.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Correct. FSHost gets rather unstable when FSNav is used in online mode.It tends to do a masskick once in a while when anyone connects FSNav or shortly after.