Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

I'll be on Bushnet today, nothing formal though

I'll be on Bushnet today, nothing formal though, I'll also create a (RTW) Channel on the teamspeak server through Bushnet as well.Check after 1800 Zulu (1pm Pacific)regards,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Cessna 172 Voice recognition Profile here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Stainless

Hi Joe,Speaking of channels you reminded me of a thought I had earlier in the day... I was wondering if it would be an idea to start an IRC channel, just before or during the race, so we can plan and talk in real time? Just a thought. Also I'll help out if I can :)

That's what the Teamspeak server does.Or the chat system within FSHost on the server works too for those with no voice.JOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Cessna 172 Voice recognition Profile here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

I could set it up in 30 seconds, considering I run a (rather small right now) IRC network... :( (that I won't spam here unless invited :() (Though, hosting the official irc chatroom outside of avsim would certainly keep the spies out if the competition doesn't know where it is... :()The Avsim IRC server (as already mentioned), teamspeak and/or FS9's own chat functions are probably enough for what we need if we can keep the spies out... B) :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I have the capability to kick out spies, but only when I'm at home which is evenings European time ;)

Hi Joe, StoneC0ld, Tom, and Jeroen,This is a complete novice speaking--so will say nothing serious. Just a reminder that our main requirement is a stable system for the race. (Last year, when we did relatively little multi-player flying, we had one complete disaster. And FlightSim had a couple.)Jeroen, you mentioned that FSHOST will often crash if one of the MP participants activates FSNavigator's MP option. Can we confirm this in a serious way? If this is our main culprit, we can simply insist that Team AVSIM members not use FSNavigator's MP features, right?Best to all,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I saw a server yesterday with about 6 persons running FSNav. Their names show up twice, and there seemed to be no problem while I was observing.I personally don't have FS Nav so I can't really talk much about its functionality or its use for this race.Is that the program that was used to plan the route last year?Joe