Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #2

Now I am waiting at SPYL for Jeroem. Intend to fly to SPRU in the P51D Mustang "Cute Nude".BarryPS And guess what, this morning I have actually been able to connect to Bushnet - even though 3 others were already on!!! Can't work it out what my usual problem is -- couldn't get on at all yesterday!!

Guest KChapman

Don't know if this made a difference (if I was even on when you tried) and don't mean to lead you on, but I just this morning lowered my FPS cap from unlimited to 20 based on your suggestion to do so elsewhere.Kevin

I'm on my way on Bushnet - I'll just wait until I see Jeroems post that he is down . He must be landed - because he is parked right alongside me!!! :)Barry

Flying the Mustang on my way to 20,000' - Hope I can land this thing when I arrive - it's a bit different to what I usually fly. A beautiful clear blue day - I can just make out the snow covered Andes Mountains wy off to my left.ETA 30 minsBarry

ooops, my bad..... I meant SKCO..What is it with me in that leg.... first I forget to retract the landing gear until I'm about 16,000' (all the while wondering why my airspeed was so slow). Now, I post the baton being free at the wrong airport..... :-lolAt least this isn't the real race.. :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hi guys. (Sneeking a look from my office...don't tell.)Looks great. Glad we've got DarkCharizma on board. (When you get a chance, you might crop that "Flight Analysis" screen to include the relevant part. And maybe resize to reduce bandwidth problem. Also, if it's ok with you, can we get your real name or a real nickname? Hard to call someone DarkCharizma in real life! :-hah)And finally, Barry's on BushNet!Best,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

OOOPS!!-- Don't you just hate it when you are flying along in clear weather when it starts to deteriorate. By the time I got to SPRU, was down to a cloud base of 1000' and about 6 miles vis. I managed to find my way to the airstrip - although it was difficult to keep clear of the foothills of the Andes as they come close to the airstrip- had to turn out to sea to stay safe. However , all was in vain!! -- I crashed my Mustang on arrival - so the trip will have to be repeated by someone else . Sorry about that.!! :(I guess it just goes to show that during the race, it would be better for fliers to fly those a/c that they are most familiar with and confident of their abilities rather than to use some fast thing that they never usually fly.Barry

Guest sfoofficer

Here we go. SPYL-SPRU. Dash-8, ETA - 0050.Alex

Alex has the batan and is enroute to SPRUNew post to establish separate leg thead.Jeff W

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I've setup a new thread for your leg. I will get setup at SPRU.Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png