Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #5

Jeroen has the Baton.PADK-PACD-----------------------------------------------------We care conducting a practice run for Team AVSIM to prepare for the Round the World Race. The actual race begins on February 20th. So this is a good time for old veterans to renew their skills and for new teammates to get the procedures down before the actual race begins.One of the keys to our winning the last two years has been our organization. We want to keep the baton in the air. That means that we try to have someone at the destination airport waiting, with engines warmed up and flight plan filed, ready for the arriving teammate. When the landing pilot announces on the forum "The baton is free at ICAO" (ICAO being the ICAO of the landing airport), the waiting teammate immediately announces "I have the baton" and takes off. (Best if each Race Leg begins in a new "subthread")The sequence looks like:----The "I have the baton" poster grabs the baton and takes off.He then, or in a forum edit a couple of minutes later, gives the destination airport (ICAO) and ETA in Zulu time. For fun, the pilot might also give his aircraft.Under that thread, the pilot posts updates to the flightplan. Changes in ETA or destination.The pilot lands and prepares and posts his screenshot.The pilot, while posting the confirmation shot, declared "The baton is free at ICAO"-------The ETA should be in Zulu time (say 1425z). (Zulu is UTC or what we used to call GMT. For current Zulu time, go to http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java ) Posting the destination airport and the ETA allows the next pilot to begin his preparations

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Jeroen is flying:PADK-PACDJust switching threads from AVSIM Practice #4--to save scolling time.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

Sorry to post on this thread, but I just wanted to verify this issue quickly. Regarding the UHPP-PASY failed screenshot, this is what what I did last night:1. Uninterrupted flight, UHPP-PASY, in PSS Dash-8Q300. Flight Time - 2hrs, 15 mins.2. On the ground, went to FLIGHT ANALYSIS via 'ESC' key.3. Used 'PRINT SCREEN' key to capture image.4. Minimized FS9. Pasted screenshot in 'MS Picture It!' (minimized during flight), resized, and saved.5. Went to forum (minimized during flight). Posted screenshot.6. Returned to FS9. Exited after Stone's departure.***Did I miss something???***Regards,Alex

Hi Alex,The posting is correctly done. The problem is that the Flight Analysis screen shows that you "reset" the flight halfway through. (See the arrow indicating where the line goes from white to red.)The Flight Analysis process is not foolproof. Stone reports that his resetting the FMC for his aircraft "reset" the flight in the FA screen. Others at SOH and FlightSim have reported similar mysterious "reset" points--where the flight was conducted properly but the record was faulty.Don't know what to do about this right now. Some talent is being focussed in this direction, and we can only hope.Mikehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105411.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

MM - I think I just figured this out, at least partially. Pls check PM.Regards, Alex

PACD-PADQGnoopey's P-47M

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

ETA 0300Z

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I'm wondering if mine was because I reset the correct time after the infamous timezone bug changed my zulu time by 2 hours....If only everyone had FS Flightkeeper..... Pretty hard to fake a flight log entry in FSFK.... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

yes, that will do it. Keep the time FS sets. Similarly, don't use the inflight map and press OK to leave it, always press Cancel.

Heading to Sitka, Alaska in my trusty P-38J

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest KChapman

P-38L in the dark. Decent ceiling and vis for this time of year, and Prince Rupert does have an ILS...Might as well give 'er a whirl.:-)