Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #7

The Baton is free at VTCC. Practice continues.----------------------------------------------------We are conducting a practice run for Team AVSIM to prepare for the Round the World Race. The actual race begins on February 20th. So this is a good time for old veterans to renew their skills and for new teammates to get the procedures down before the actual race begins.One of the keys to our winning the last two years has been our organization. We want to keep the baton in the air. That means that we try to have someone at the destination airport waiting, with engines warmed up and flight plan filed, ready for the arriving teammate. When the landing pilot announces on the forum "The baton is free at ICAO" (ICAO being the ICAO of the landing airport), the waiting teammate immediately announces "I have the baton" and takes off. (Best if each Race Leg begins in a new "subthread")The sequence looks like:----The "I have the baton" poster grabs the baton and takes off.He then, or in a forum edit a couple of minutes later, gives the destination airport (ICAO) and ETA in Zulu time. For the Rules record, the pilot also gives his aircraft.Under that thread, the pilot posts updates to the flightplan. Changes in ETA or destination.The pilot lands and stops on the runway. He stops the Duenna and takes his Flight Analysis screenshot. And then he declares "The baton is free at ICAO"The next pilot grabs the baton, saying "I have the baton" and takes off.-------The ETA should be in Zulu time (say 1425z). (Zulu is UTC or what we used to call GMT. For current Zulu time, go to http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java ) Posting the destination airport and the ETA allows the next pilot to begin his preparations

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest kickin_chicken

I have the baton in the Piper Cheyenne 400LS, @35,000'ETA 0815zulu

Guest kickin_chicken

Enroute, Cruise Alt. changed to FL320242nm OutETA 0815zulu

Guest kickin_chicken

Nice uneventful flight.Duenna attached.

Guest x-camel-x

I have the Baton at VTBD (Bangkok Int., Thailand) Flying on Bushnet (24.30.147.25) - Destination VLXG (heading north towards Alaska)ETA 45mAircraft P-38L The Definitive Lightning ver 2_2

Guest x-camel-x

Baton free at VLXG the flight ended offlins as I lost connection to BushnetFlight Log -- from The RTW-Duenna v.0.600 Rev. 27----------------------------------------------------------- Takeoff: System Time UTC: 13/02/2005 14:01:33 FS Time: 13/02/2005 13:53:23 Location: N13

You don't have to take a screenshot of the Duenna image, it is stored as a .jpg in the OUTPUT-folder of the Duenna-folder. The path to the picture is written in th end of the validation-document, in your case: C:Program FilesFS-AddonsRTW-DuennaOUTPUT2005-02-13FlightLog_2005-02-13--15-14-02.JPG/Klas Bj

I know it is only practice so direction does not matter but I thought the general idea was to land at each continent so I thought we we heading to Australia for a touch.Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest x-camel-x

ahh sorry about that. I didnt know the direction to go so i just headed towards the atlantic crossing pointmy badJason

It really doesn't matter in practice but it would be a costly mistake in the race to divert away from the next major required touch point. Glad to have you flying with team AVSIM.Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

During the race there will be regular posts detailing the direction of travel and suggested airports to stop at.This to keep all noses pointed in the same direction and provide a guide to people who don't have flight planners and maps to see where to go next.

I'm offline for a few days visiting friends in Germany. See you all on friday or maybe thursday evening CET.

I Have The Baton ZGKL-ZSQDJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.