Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #8

Create a thread in the screenshot forum, post your screenshots there, and link to them in your race thread.We should not be posting screenshots in the race threads, except Flight Evidence Threads.Anything larger than allowed will cause race participants to have to scroll the screen thus costing us valuable time.We should also adhere to Avsim's screenshot policy which I encourage members to peruse here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=109314&page=Where it says:"Image Size:Images either uploaded to the server or linked to on a third party must not be any wider than 800 pixels, and no higher than 600 pixels. We ask this because:1) HUGE amounts of bandwidth are consumed by large images.2) Load times for dial-up users are greatly increased.3) Some users on lower screen resolutions may have to scroll to the right to see your entire image.Number of Images:There must be NO MORE than 5 screenshots uploaded to any one forum topic. We ask this because:1) HUGE amounts of bandwidth are consumed by more images.2) Load times for dial-up users are greatly increased."Thank You,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

OK, gear collapsed on landing. Guess I shouldn't have tried landing with 15 knots tailwind.Both VS and IAS were well within limits for a safe approach, guess GS was too high though.So we're back where we started. During the race we're not to take such risks of course :)

Guest kickin_chicken

I got it in the Cheyenne 400LS @FL360ETA0000zulu

Guest kickin_chicken

Ready for the next leg!

Destination: Rocket City - Huntsville, AlabamaAircraft: AvantiOn BushnetOn Teamspeak: AVSIM RTW Race Practice Channel

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

baton freeLet's not fly east to west. I encounted 126knt headwinds and spent a lot of time trying to get below triple digit headwinds. Ended up at 16,000 feet.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107262.jpgFlight Log -- from The RTW-Duenna v.0.600 Rev. 43----------------------------------------------------------- Takeoff: System Time UTC: 18/02/2005 00:57:00 FS Time: 18/02/2005 19:55:59 Aircraft gross weight: 9969.0 lbs Location: N38

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest kickin_chicken

Going to watch NASCAR at Daytona Beach!Well, from FL360 in the Cheyenne at least...ETA 0640zulu

Guest wt1l

Well I see we've made it back around on the practice thread. I didn't get a chance to practice earlier this week b/c I was out of town on a business trip. So I'm grabbing the practice baton for a run to MDSD in the Avanti. Also trying out the new Duena software.Departing now... 2311z.-Chris WT1L

Guest wt1l

Practice baton is free at MDSD 21:09zThis is about a close as you can cut it without a penalty and shows the amazing capabilities of the Avanti. Duenna post to follow...

Guest wt1l

Time in the previous post should be 01:09z. Sent the local time by accident.Had 56 kt direct tailwind the whole flight, for a truly amazing 460kts GS in the Avanti. True airspeed, right at the barberpole, but without tripping the overspeed was 408kts at FL330. Was cold for this part of the world at -18C, which boosted the KTAS. Perfect conditions.Here's the Duenna-Flight Log -- from The RTW-Duenna v.0.600 Rev. 43----------------------------------------------------------- Takeoff: System Time UTC: 18/02/2005 23:18:13 FS Time: 18/02/2005 18:14:16 Aircraft gross weight: 10615.5 lbs Location: N24

Guest wt1l

Dang...the image didn't load right. Hopefully this way works...This is why we practice right?G'night all - Can't wait for the real race to start!-Chris WT1L