Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Finally Microsoft EXCELLENT Weather System In Fs9.0

Hi, Like they did with the AI for fs2002, now it's the time for the weather in fs9.0Weather in fs2002 is unrealistic.Yes the weather will be good finally in fs9.0 !!!Dynamic weather system based on realistic atmospheric physics, with true three-dimensional clouds that form and dissipate, and automatic real-world weather updates when you're connected to the Internet. Weather

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Well, I just hope they mean that u can finally see clouds coming towards u in the distance, unlike all cloudy or all sunny as in the current version!Please tell me this is what this means :-)Later

Guest guyjr

I have only seen the screenshots on the MSN site so far, and from what I've seen, there's still one glaring problem in the cloud generator for FS9: the Horizon!! It's _still_ visible even with overcast layers above! That does _not_ look realistic at _all_.I think it's safe to say that MS has been reading these forums (and probably others as well), and has clearly responded to our very voluminous feedback. I think to make the weather package complete for the next version that this one issue needs to be addressed. Everything else proposed looks splendid!

Guest KenG

While I'm sure the new weather system will be an improvement, what I'm really waiting for is what you and the FSW Group can turn it into. Let's hope that a SDK comes out soon (I know, but one can always hope).

look at that pic again, the exiting thing for me is how the clouds blend into the moutains, now there like straight hard edges againsts the moutain edge, looks like they got these smoothed out,im very excited about this, particularly ai traffic in uncontrolled airports, now calling your legs will actually mean something (hopefullly)i hope the coast lines are different textures, etc (i.e. not all the same) and it looks like my 2gig machine will handle it, i just upgraded to this about 1 month ago and was dreading a possible upgrade again, but i will wait and see also the clickable vc's - wow for me i just love flying in the vc, hopefully they will be crispierciao!Brian S

Ciao!

If you look at the DC3 screen shot you can see the tip of a hill poking out through the clouds - that looks very cool!

Well Chris, I take my hat off to you. When I think of the countless hours you must have spent designing your own acclaimed cloud sets, your graciousness towards what seems to have been achieved by the development team of FS9 does you great credit.Best regards,Mike :-wave

Guest B52Drivr

Hmmmmmmm,Well, guess we all should start savin our penny's for that P4 3.0Gig processor! Clay

Guest cwright

Mark, I think the effect is caused by terrain shading / shadows. Most of the mountain slopes you see on the right are facing away from the sun, so they're dark. You can actually see sunlight just on the top of the ridge at the extreme right of the shot. I always regarded terrain shading / shadows as one of the great FS2002 features, and it looks like FS9 is just as good. I also like the mist in the valleys. It looks a bit like IL-2. I only hope that, when you fly into the mist, it's still as realistic as IL-2! Best regards, Chris

It all sounds like an improvement thats for sure. But that annoying "overcast horizon" is still there. x( No mention, but with the "upgrade" in system failures perhaps now we'll be able to declare Emergencies.Also hope in the new weather system we can get some fantasic DX9 generated Lightning! And perhaps this time the rain/snow will fall around you in a bigger radius so that when the wind is strong your not missing out on seeing the precip from certain angles.

Does it get darker as you climb in altitude. I'll be impressed if I see that one...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2