Sign in to follow this  
MM

Concorde Pilots

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,I make that 0900z if the forum time is UTC. I can't make thre first flight, but will be available as primary or standby for the second leg. I am experienced with Concorde, and can hand fly it if required to get it there!! Will check back here later this evening (Monday) for updates.Best regards,Vulcan.

Hi Vulcan,Great news. We are running a little late...just had a CFIT.Please do check in to see how things are going. Later is much better than not at all. (Maybe we'll all sit around waiting for the cavalry to come in at the last minute to save the day.)Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Morning all,Hope we got enough Concorde Pilots - since desperation is not evident, I will get to work (a little late ;)I have been looking at SCIP and SCTE. SCIP seems long anough for takeoff and landing, but you want to be real sharp at SCTE to prevent an overrun - hit those reversers FAST!!!Hope it works outBRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

If you can take the afternoon off, that would set you up for one of the legs I think.

Hi all,Whoa, I'll see what I can do about that!Meanwhile, I found some figures for a lighter fuel load, made by Ray Prudfoot. And I do believe that we need to lighten the aircraft to prevent overrun at SCTE.QTEI've experimented with fuel loading for shorter flights. It's really not easy at all to ensure the CoG remains balanced. For a 51% loading here's what you should load into the tanks. All values are percentages.Left Aux 48.7Left 44.0Centre 47.8Right 44.0Right Aux 63.1Centre 2 68.6Centre 3 45.0That gves a fuel load of 48,850Kg. The CoG will be centred and your life will be a lot easier if you leave the VFE to manage the fuel.Hope that helps.Ray ProudfootCheshire, EnglandUNQTEBut that's only 51%, not enough for SCIP-SCTE I guess. Still, the numbers may be useful.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Hi allam at home now, will start prepping the conc, IF you want me to try it...Sven Sorensen, EKCH