Sign in to follow this  
MM

Welcome to All

Hi dcc,I was aware of the drop tank 'dance' in the config file, I just hadn't gotten around to ILS part :)And let me take this opportunity to thank you for this truly great plane: It's beautiful, flies like a dream, forgiving... and the whine when the chargers go on - awesome!!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Speed

Hi All,I haven't been in previous races but I would like to help carry the baton for Avsim in this one.I just upgraded my system for 60fps landings and purchased the P180 Avanti so I can be an asset to the team.I have been flying the Avanti exclusively in FSEconomy for the last week, getting the hang of it in night time, bad weather, short, unlit fields without ATC and feel pretty confident I can put her down anywhere now.I'll spend the next week looking for a free baton on bushnet. Please let me know if there is anything else I should be doing.I'm also a student pilot in real life at KTEB (Teterboro NJ).Cheers,

be sure to set FS to detect overstress damage, as the Avanti is prone to that if you don't fly her carefully.You CAN go over the barberpole continuously a little bit, but a few seconds of overspeed warning can sometimes be enough to cause a crash!Practice crosswind landings, get a feel for the autopilot (especially ILS and VOR tracking), and make sure you give her a full service regularly.

Guest Speed

I have been hand flying her from the time I extend flaps as I have been finding the auto pilot reacting badly to flaps and failing to hold altitude.I always fly full realism, is that what you mean by detect overstress?So far I havent crashed her except one time a flipped her on the runway turning around too quickly.Crosswinds are definitely the most challenging task.Thanks for the tips.Cheers,