Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

FS9 impressions

Guest Milton

I think MS did the right thing for a commemorative 2003, and took this opportunity to improve on some key things like wx, atc, etc as many had asked for. Sure it's not an major jump, ... not necessary IMO. Continuous improvement on an already great product, and only one version too, no more standard to frustrate people. Priced right for this kind of release. It's funny that we bought Windows 98, with not much more than a FS splash screen for differences, and paid $99. Did the same for ME for another Splash screen. Yet, even with all the new stuff, for $54 people are upset? LOL In Detroit, a car design and components stay the same for 8-14 years, change a grille, a tail light, we pay $20,000- $40,000 for 6 years for that new ashtray? LOL This new sim is worth the money ... or you can go download a free splash screen I guess. :-)Milton

>How about flight dynamics.... ??? MS is waay behind when >compared to the cutting flight models of sims like IL-2 and >Flanker... I'd like to "feel" like I'm flying like I do >when I fly these sims that have much more powerful >flight/physics models... Hope they improve this on 9, >although there's not a word said about revamping the flight >models. I agree totally. However, if planes from Fs2000 are going to be compatible, then it is likely that no changes will be made to the flight modeling. If anyone is listening from the dev team, please improve the flight modeling (maybe just add variables that can be added) and improve the autopilot. How many commercial addons mention that things just don't work because of how fs2002 works. "It works as well as fs2002 allows it to".

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Looks like the same flat, dull terrain to me. I was hoping that they would have used the terrain resolution comparible to CFS3. The airports look so much more realistic when the surrounding elevations are accurate. Our local airports all sit on man-made, built-up earth, with 75-100 ft banks on at least one end of the runways. CFS3 models that quite well whereas FS2K2 doesn't. I guess we'll have to wait 2 more years!CH

Personally I'm not going to judge FS9 by the screenshots I saw because when I first saw the screenshots for FS2002 they looked exactly like FS2000 and I was waiting to be disappointed until I played it. I think this will be a really polished version of FS2002 with some cool new features, and personally I don't mind paying $60 for it.

>what makes it in/out when she turns gold. Sorry for that stupid Q but what it meant 'when she turns gold'?? :-hmmm

Sorry guys, but I believe that Microsoft is making a big mistake just on the title of the product. If you think about it, this totally sounds/seems like an

Guest Joshieca

Bottom line...If you think this is a patch and that you don't like the graphics and you don't like this or they should have add that...then show your support by not buying it. Don't come on here and complain like some old women going through menopause. FACE FACTS! This is FS2K4. Theres not going to be another FS until 2006. So either shut up and buy it or continue to live in your FS2000 or FS2002 world! PERIOD

Like we're not going to all run out and get it on the first day of release regardless of what we say here... :-lol

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Joshieca,Now take a deep breath and relax.Don't stress yourself out. The point of this forum is to express our opinions about any Microsoft FS related topic.If someone doesn't agree with you and you can't handle it then you shouldn't be here. PERIOD

hmm, seems like a few bods are getting outa their prams here, with all the "shut up" and "idiots" remarks.remember, we all have our OWN opinions...this aint a meeting of the " MS fan club"and thats correct, 99.9% of us will buy it, and you never know with the inclusion of the wright flyer, their netcode might even be able to catch up!:-hah jim.

Guest DreamFleet

Yes indeed!We've had threads like these every time a new version is announced, and ultimately, almost everyone switches over, and many new users join up.It feels like "deja vu al over again". ;-)I think "FS2004" (that's what I'm calling it) will be nice and "evolutionary", and evolution is what you want, not "revolutionary". When you get the latter, it often brings many headaches.In the end, one should never expect too much when the price is one hour's rental in a real C-172 (in the USA that is!). I think MSFS gives far more than it's price, even right out of the box, and FS2004 should be no different. :-)Regards,Lou Betti

It's really ashame that some people take it upon themselves to cast judgement on a product that hasnt even been released, they base their judgement on a few screen shots, and instantly come to the conclusion that it is an add-on for FS2002.

So I'm at this McDonalds the other day..a guy is looking at the menu with pictures of the hamburgers and sees the "Big Classic" and says "Oh..I dont want that, its just an updated "Big Mac"For some reason this thread reminded me of that :-eek This is completely normal behavior, the complaining and whining will continue right up until release day, when we will then begin to seecomplaints such as..."The new improved weather system brings my frame rates down to a crawl...why???" "Why is it so slow on my Pentium II 633 ??????"Im sure the screenshots Maury will post tomorrow will bring a whole new round of premature complaining.Put me down for looking forward to seeing the new version, and holdingoff judgement until then.CJ PuttKTPA

i see the FS kind of as a Operation System and users or companies are providing programms (addons) to enhance the system the way you like it. No Company would be able to provide a Flight Simulator like FS2002 with PSS-deep airplanes and simflyer-detailed airports. I think it's great that microsoft does improve the "key-features" such as AI, enviroment (clouds) and still FS2002 addons can be used. In my opinion it is great and I don't understand why people are complaining about the terrain graphics. They display nearly the whole world in such great details, I think that is amazing already! I am very happy so far with this preview and I am sure I will like the new FS :D