Sign in to follow this  
Gazer75

Training: Flying through Norway

HiThis weekend I will be taking those interested on a tour through Norway as part of our practice. This will be short hops with TNG on some airports as we go along, just to see the place and try the approach.Plan is to start up north at ENSS and fly along the coast with a few detours inland to see a couple of airports there.Suggested route: ENSS > ENHV > ENHF > ENHK > ENSR > ENDU > ENSK > ENLKWill add more as we fly southThis is night flying into small airports, some with less than 3000ft rwy, and winds can be pretty strong. Add snow/rain and low visibility, and you got the perfect setup for practice. Most if not all have localizer, many ofset to the runway, and some have ILS. Use them if you like, or try the manual approach ;)For this to work properly you really need 3 things.Norway ScenicNorway Quality MeshNorwegian AirportsThis will make Norway look like UT USA with FSG 38m mesh.If you need/want charts you can get them at http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int , or by contacting me.Hoping to start on saturday somewhere between 1800Z and 2100Z, and fly for a couple of hours at least. Then continue our way south on sunday if there is interest.If someone cant make it but want to do this, I can probably set it up again during the week or next weekend.Hope to see you online.JT

Excellent idea. Will be there.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Downloading Scenery. Will join the tour.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hi GazerThanks for the flight on thursday!Great idea, and I would like to join you, but this weekend is fully booked. I've only had time to install and just sniff to the P-51. Next weekend looks much better, but let's see.Must run now - off to Hilleroed :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

We flew from ENLK to ENSD using the following route:STT STO BNN UTH KVB VIGNice coast senic route ;)JT