Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

new FS coming,not for every-one a joy?

While a new FS will defenitely mean many new features and enhancements (I'm looking forward to the ATC-AI),it also means starting again from zero.About now,after more than 1,5 years i've enhanced my FS2002 so much (installing add-ons,AI,...) that I finally really like the result,and now I can go do some flying. But in less than a year,the next edition is coming and I can begin all over again.Furthermore, a new edition also means upgrading the computer,even if I currently have P4 1,5 /Gefore3 64MB.So I was wondering,what do you guys think of this?I wouldn't mind if the next edition was to come in more than a full year...

Simple, wait until next summer to buy it.I for one wish it was coming out NOW!!!!!!

>again.Furthermore, a new edition also means upgrading the >computer,even if I currently have P4 1,5 /Gefore3 64MB. System Requirements are about the same as for 2002. You may not have to buy a new computer.

that would be a blessing. Still plan on upgrade the 3d card or adding more memory. Got a Gforce3 with 512 ram now.kilstorm

Better figure on a GFFX or a Raedeon 9700. Remember ACF is going to require DX9. I would assume to get the most, a DX9 video card will be a must. :)

Seba - my thoughts exactly!Boy, what would I give for an upgrade install! :-)Vince

Guest PaulL01

>that would be a blessing. Still plan on upgrade the 3d card >or adding more memory. Got a Gforce3 with 512 ram now. >>kilstorm DX9 "wakes up" some hardware features even in older GF3 cards that have not been used in the D3D api of older DX versions(though OpenGL does/has), if FS9 uses some of these features you will be all set. Just wait.

I have so many addons, almost everything from phoenix, dreamfleet, carenado etc, etc............. AI traffic works perfectly, so much airlines, planes. I dont want to lost it now. My advice for guys like me is, buy FS few months later, when most of the things which you have get's updated. Now I have almost every plane, and scenery which I want(I'm stlii waiting for great Gmax MD-11 and JFK scenery from simflyers). I have FSSCENE for europe, usa, australia. In year 2003 I'm going to stay with MSFS2002.That's right vince, I'm dreaming about some expansion pack for fs2002.Jacek

"Read"....ever heard of the term?The annoucement says that scenery from FS200(2) will be usable in this version. I think they mean scenery up to GSMAX/FSSD2/NOVASIM standard, but still...no panic please. And he? This is what's capitalism is all about...create needs you never knew you had them.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif

RobdeVries.jpg

Yeah, right! but to work, the sceneries have to be updated! how long it take to update everything? at least few months, simflyers, uk2000 etc......... I had many addons for fs2000. To get almost everything working in fs2002, I had to wait for at least year. Now it will be the same, but I have more addons. SO I will buy fs few months later.BTW, most of sceneries which I have, are in FSDS. So they will not work. Like UK2000, Gary will create his airports again in GMAX. That will take some time.Jacek