Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfoofficer

Practice Thread #5 VNDP-VNBR

This will put us at Nairobi, Kenya for tonights Concorde practice

Harv.png?dl=1

Airport is also known as HKNA.plan for Concorde: HKNA 0534S 1032S VMF 1729S VBU 2425S MMV UCV VWV FACT

Guest sfoofficer

All set for the Concorde run to HKNA. If I understood correctly, the scheduled wheels-up was 7p EST-USA. That's a little under 2 hrs my time, so I'll check back in then.

Guest wt1l

The baton is currenly at HKJK Nairobi, Kenya. The Concorde practice has been rescheduled to tomorrow, Sat 1/28 at 1700 UTC. This will be still be from Nairobi to Cape Town. Feel free to fly the baton around Africa tonight but please return it to HKJK by 1700 UTC tomorrow. Thanks.

HKJK IS HKNA :)Someone changed the ICAO code on us...

Guest Jozef_K

This was not really a leg as meant in the race, because departure and arrival airport was the same. I used the opportunity to test my navigational equipment in the minipanel of the PC-12. Notice the actual position of the aircraft and its track on the approach chart in the second picture.Fellow pilots, have a good flight in the Concorde today!Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpgPassing Kilimanjaro (default FS2004scenery):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140286.jpgNearly on approach at HKJK (Nairobi):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140287.jpg

Guest TornadoWilkes

Hi allThe postings time is an important feature of the race, as it provides a common standard against which all teams are measured. As correctly mentioned, the Duenna measures brakes off to brakes on, however we can consider the postings times to be total flight time baton handoff to baton handoff, including preparation time.This ensures speedy handoffs and encourages an efficient organised team. Good luck Team AVSIM in 2006.:-newbie

Guest Zackmoe

can somebody get some screenshots of all these concs? i'd sure like to see it

Hi ZackYes, I know you were disappointed yesterday, when the Concorde looked like your Phantom. The thing is, if the plane you're watching is not installed on your PC, it will just show the same you are flying in.Unles I'm mistaken, Alex will provide a few screenies. If you want to see more, download the racing journal from last year - great stories and great screenshots, also of The Mighty Lawndart.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Double post, sorry (not my own PC)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH