Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Bushnet seems unstable...

Klas I see you on and off.Jozef, you seem to have no problems?Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Yes I tried that - it hung up my PC, something that *VERY* seldom happens.Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Hmm, it seems like my theory about one having a less-than-ok setup might be correct. see this (from fshost):QTEWhat is the error "Unable to connect to all players"?This error is displayed by FS2004 when trying to connect to a session. Usually it happens when someone else that's already in the session is using a router and hasn't forwarded the correct ports. When your FS2004 tries to join, it gets a list of all the players currently in the session and tries to connect to them. But when it tries to connect to the player with the bad router, it isn't able to communicate with it, so FS2004 aborts the connection (note that FS2002 would happily connect anyway and just not show that player, but FS2004 now uses newer DirectX functions that return an error in this case, so FS2004 actually isn't able to connect this way anymore). Unfortunately there's not an easy way of figuring out which player is causing the problem, but if you ask everyone if they're using a router, and one of them says they are, and doesn't know about port forwarding, it's a good chance it's him UNQTESven Sorensen, EKCH

Klas could you try to joins MP now?if you have teamspeak, join us at Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Jozef_K

Hi Guys,Thanks for your technical assistance and your patience this evening in trying to get multiplayer work for every team member.Meanwhile: I also use Zone Alarm as a firewall. Could that perhaps be the causer of the trouble?Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Guest wt1l

Jozef-Your ports look correct. Check to make sure that your Flight Sim computer is set to the IP address you specified of 192.168.1.1 on your network. If that's not its IP address, the port forwarding will not work. I recommend setting your Flight Sim computer to a STATIC IP of 192.168.1.1 so you don't need to worry about it changing later on. See my other posts in the private forum or this forum about how to do that.I'm not familiar with the Zone Alarm firewall, but as long as it allows "FS9.exe" to access the internet in both directions you should be fine.

I think that the problem might be the IP adress you have there. Wouldn't 192.168.1.1 be your router? You can check what local IP your computer have by doing the following: Press Start -> Run -> type in cmd -> OK -> write ipconfig and press ok. You should then get the IP adress your computer is getting.And if Zone alarm is blocking you, that may be the problem too, I know my cousin uses Zone alarm, and he has to turn it off when playing Age of Empires, and that game uses the same multiplayer system as FS I think...Klas