Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Bushnet seems unstable...

...both yesterday and today.Are there any alternatives?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

I don't know, I'm on there now and have been for almost 3 hours with no trouble.

Guest SoarPics

I've tried MP twice, once with Sven and once with Alexis last night. Both times I got dumped to desktop. The only times I've experienced CTD's in the past 2 years. I won't be using it for any real racing.Greg

Strange...I get the normal startup picture, with a latency figure around 200ms. But when I try to join, it just hangs there for 30 seconds or so, then exits with a message saying that 'Not all users could join', and obviously one of them is me.But my question still stands: Do we have an alternate server like last year?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

there's always vatsim, at least when there are no controllers (else they'll slow you down by insisting you comply with all kinds of regulations, putting you in holds, etc.).

Sven,Last night Chris and I determined that we were unable to join the same mulitplayer session. I was reviewing "The Airheads Guide to Bushnet Post" and found the following:Important (FS2004): If you receive the following error when connecting to Bush Net,"Connection failed! Not all players were able to connect."it means that FS was not able to connect to one of the current players in the session. As a result, FS2004 will refuse to join the session at all. This problem may be due to a firewall configuration issue or a routing problem between your ISP and another player's.Chris and I tried a different server and had the same problem. I logged a trouble call with my ISP but they refused to help me trouble shoot. My attempt to ping Chris's IP fails. Not sure where the problem is. Chris and I have had no problem with this until Monday. Both of us are able to join multiplayer with other players. Harv had no problem when either of joined Bushnet. I'm not sure this is a Bushnet problem.Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hi Jeff,Interesting... However I've changed nothing in my computer or firewall setup: Nothing will be changed until after the race, and that has been the case for the last 2 weeks or so...Something else must be brewing here. Will just keep on trying!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guys,This is not a "constant" but instead a "variable". One can encounter this problem from time to time--this failure to connect is pretty common. Lots of folks get this rejection occasionally but not regularly.I've seen plenty of speculation about what causes this. But have not seen a definitive answer.Maybe someone knows the technical side of FSHost?Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hmm, I get a nasty suspicion:What if it is particular user's setting causing this? Like, when I try to connect, FSHOST must notify all clients of this. If one guy's firewall setting (or other settings) prevents this, I can't join as long as he is active - and neither can anyone else!!!Guess we need to troubleshoot this. I'll connct around 1900z tonight, and see what I can see. Then we can discuss this on Teamspeak or the forum.BrgdsSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Jozef_K

"I'll connct around 1900z tonight"Hi Sven,That's 20:00 in our timezone. I'll be on Bushnet too.When one guy's firewall settings prevent connection to him, I think he cannot be on Bushnet at all. But I am no guru in these matters.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

I had this trouble with one particular user last year, can't remember his username right now, but his real name was Barry and he was from Australia. I would guess that is was something between our ISP's, because my firewall settings were correct, and I could join the server when he wasn't connected, and same with him. When I tried to connect when he was on the server I either got the "Wasn't able to connect to all players" or it just didn't connect, I was back in my plane with the message "FSHost disconnected", as you would get if you were kicked off the server.I have also had several times when I have been disconnected for unknown reasons (most likely too much pressure on the server's bandwith), but those disconnections have often happened without any clear reason to why it happened, no new players joined or anything like that.Klas

Guest Jozef_K

"his real name was Barry"Perhaps Barryward (Bazza in Brisbane, Australia)?When you browse to http://www.bushflying.org/ you can see who is online on Bushnet without the need to start FS2004 and join a session. This might be very useful when you get cannot connect to Bushnet in FS2004. When you then make a note of who is online, you can perhaps find a pattern.Btw all the times that I took a look at Bushnet (several times a day) I have not seen more than 5 pilots at the same time on line. So I doubt that it is a matter bandwith.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Perhaps Barryward (Bazza in Brisbane, Australia)?Yep, that's the guy.Btw all the times that I took a look at Bushnet (several timesa day) I have not seen more than 5 pilots at the same time online. So I doubt that it is a matter bandwith.No, but I had the most problems the night when a lot of us were flying through Norway, I think that there were 8 or so of us on the server then.But still, bandwith shouldn't really be a big issue, I don't think FS uses too much (it says 0,25 kB/s in the shift+z thing).Klas

OK, time is 1900 UTC, and I can't get on! Only Jeroen and arrvoo is on.If my theory holds, it's either arrvoo or Jeroen keeping me out. Now, I've flown with Jeroen both connecting before and after him, so maybe I should se what happen if I could get arrvoo to disconnect.Unfortunately, neither of them is on teamspeak...Have any of you been able to connect?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH