Sign in to follow this  
Guest wt1l

Practice thread #8

Guest jtwillia

Very nice run in the P-38. Who chose the routing anyway? Guess we just got lucky with the winds.;)

Guest sfoofficer

Planning to pick it up next. Just need a couple mins.

Guest wt1l

Hi Manolito-There is no "chair" or "team leader" at Team AVSIM and that seems to work well for our team. We have a group of experienced guys, myself, Jeff, Jeroen, MM, Joe, and others that tend to keep things generally organized. Decisions are usually made by a vote. That's what I mean when I say "team consensus." I tend to do a lot of writing forum posts only b/c that's what I do for work in "real life." My particular talent is keeping things organized, but like I said, there is no leader and that's the way we like it. Everyone contributes to the overall team effort in their own way. We are much more dynamic that way and can make decisions on the fly without getting bogged down by any beauracracy, and that flexibility has contributed to our success in past years. Last year, even though we were well organized, nimble, and fast, we had several unfortunate crashes that cost us too much time. Like Jereon said, Flightsim.com had their act together last year, was organized, did not push as hard and had less crashes. We pushed it to the limit and went too far too many times. But we've learned from our mistakes....If you're committed to flying with Team AVSIM, please register at the private forum:http://team-avsim.irchaven.org/index.phpYou'll see all the behind-the-scenes discussion over there that keeps everything running. Things will make much more sense.Best-Chris

in the Pony with extra gas.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest sfoofficer

Yes! Extra gas! DON'T GO WITHOUT THE EXTRA GAS! :-lol I landed with approx 25 gals.

Guest Manolito

sure is a big jump to kamtchatka...:-cool hope you stay within two hours...:-wave

Guest wt1l

I have the baton UHPP - PASYP-51H, multi, teamspeak

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png