Sign in to follow this  
Guest wt1l

Practice thread #8

Guest wt1l

We are repositioning the baton to WAPL in Indonesia. The team consensus is we need the most practice right now in the South Pacific.The first leg will be WAPL to YBAM to touch the Australian continent. After that, continue eastbound and try to keep the legs at 2hrs or only slightly over. The goal here is to find a route accross the South Pacific without using any of our wildcard (more than 2 hour) leg(s). If we are going to take penalties (every minute over 2 hours is a 3 minute penalty), we need to minimize them.Baton free at WAPL.Good luck on this navigation challenge!

Guest Manolito

i have the baton WAPL - YBAM

Guest Manolito

baton back at WAPL...must take the plane with additional tanks next time...;(

Guest Manolito

i have the baton WAPL - YBAM (this time with 300 gallon tanks!)

Guest Manolito

shoot! had a CTD...sorry guys: baton's back at WAPL one question: this forum clock does not seem to be correct...i think it is about 10 minutes advanced to real time...has anybody an idea why this is so?

Guest sfoofficer

No idea. But it seems to run correctly anyways. I just make a note of the time and hold myself to the 2 hr limit.

Guest Manolito

i have the baton WAPL - YBAMby the way: is it baton time or forum time that's counting?

Just thought I should warn you, I just installed the Vista Australis scenery package, and the runway of YBAM floats in the air and has got a couple of trees in the middle of it. I'm not sure how it looks with the default FS scenery, but my guess is that you are alright if you're using the default...edit: to answer your question, it's forum time.

Guest Manolito

thanx...right now i'm "un-vozed" -if you know what i mean ;-) okay, so it's forum-time...

default scenery is nice and flat, runway on the ground where you'd expect it.No lights though.

Guest Manolito

the baton is free at YBAMsorry guys...i should've used the 150 gall. tanks...that would have been enough i think...

no problem. That's what practice is for.I'm scouting ahead to YBHM. Didn't have time to wait for you (getting late here and got to get up early again tomorrow).Weather is nice, winds calm at FL350.

Guest Captain L

I have baton, Bushnet, and Teamspeak.