Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Before the race - a couple of things to remember!

Hi TeamBefore we start the race, there are a couple of things you need to set/check around multiplayer (no, this is not about connectivity). This has been covered before in other topics, but I think it is a good time to repeat it!First: Turn OFF "Collision with other aircraft" in the realism settings. MP is only accurate within 100 ft or so, so FS might detect a collision even if it visibly seems there is room enough. This will not affect the Duenna.Second: To help the guys that hasn't done the above, do not join a session while you're standing at the active runway. So 1) Go to Airport where the action is, then either Slew away from the active or select parking/gate from the list. THEN join.Third: Keep Off the runway, if you're not about to fly. This is especially important, when the Baton is inbound.Fourth: When the Baton is on final, stay still if possible (NOT if you're on the runway). I had a confusing moment the other day when approaching a runway with another player standing by. The visibilty was lousy, in fact the only thing I could see was the player label. When that suddenly started moving, I thought I was being blown off course and actually began correction until I realized that it was the other player slewing around to get a better view. We don't want to loose a leg because of that!If anyone has anything to add to this or have other 'Things to Remember', please do so!Thanks & BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Do NOT change aircraft when the baton carrier is visible (you can see his label), or better don't change aircraft at all when you're online.Each time anyone changes aircraft everyone else can/will get a short hickup in his FS, especially when someone is flying low and fast on final approach this can cause them to loose control easily.Do NOT post in the main race threads unless it's directly related to the current leg (so status updates on the baton, weather forecasts and airport conditions of the destination if you're scouting) and never post screenshots there (only images that should be posted are the confirmation images).This to avoid confusion and keep servertraffic down (the last 3 times we were able to brind this server to a halt more than once per race, let's try to avoid that this time around).For the same reasons:Keep the race threads to under 100 posts each. If you're starting a new leg and the thread is at say 90 posts, start a new thread instead of posting in the old one.Legtime is from forum post to forum post, so don't press that post button until you're ready to roll and have done a full preflight check, and have a post ready to go by the time you land (you have at least 10-15 minutes from the moment you click on "reply" and the time it times out). The filenames to use for your confirmation (both the image and the logfile) are easy to paste into the upload window (which you can also pre-open), the image file is mentioned in the logfile (which pops up when Duenna notices you've come to a stop), the logfile itself has the same name and path but a .txt extension instead of .jpg.Include BOTH files, but inline only the image (and please select the correct filetype for the upload).In your first post mention the aircraft you're flying and where you're planning to fly to.You can update your post for about half an hour after you first place it if need be (handy for an intermediate message with status updates).

Guest Manolito

correct me if i'm wrong...but i have the impression that it is a prerequisite of the avsim-team that you have to be able to fly a leg during the race online via multiplayer? if that is the case i'd have to resign from the team because i'm totally and utterly unable to fly multi with my fs9...don't ask me why...i've tried almost anything short of a new installation and it just won't work...so i'll just have to live with it (waiting for FSX to change that)

Guest Manolito

thanx...i needed to know that for sure

Hi ManfredAs far as I remember, your problem is CTD whenever you try to connect, right?In that case, it's probably something else than the rest of the problems we've seen over the last copuple of weeks. Not sure, if we can manage to fix that with so short notice. Are you behind a router? Does it have a firewall? Have you done the 'port forwarding' dance? And do you have any additional software security?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

The only leg which must be flown on-line is the last leg - the baton pilot only has to fly - though many will join him.Can you connect as an observer to multiplayer?Win, lose or draw - being able to watch your team on-line as they cross the finish line is a great experience.No matter when the team finishes - completing the race is a great accomplishment for which each and every team member should be proud to have contributed.

Hi Reggie,Actually this year there is a call for everyone (well, as many as possible) to join MP in a DC-3 for some kind of starting event. DC-3's made me think that perhaps the idea was to redo the airlift bridge to Berlin...Maybe..BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

if they do that, I have pre-1991 aviation charts of Germany which include the corridors.Some of my more prized aviation memorabilia (after my original WW2 RAF pilot wings I found in a bootsale 20 years ago).

Good man!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1