Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gnoopey

P-47M-1-RE - updated Reference Speeds section for RTW06

Guest Gnoopey

In response to the challenge of the said aircraft, I hereby recommend the following changed settings for the {Reference_speeds} section of my latest release to stay 'in sync' with competitor aircraft for the upcoming RTW06:// -------------------------------------------------------------------{Reference_Speeds} // note the wrong 'curly brackets' due to forum limits - aircraft.cfg does require the usage of 'squared brackets' for this!//// knots true airspeed KTAS - Stall speed of the aircraft in a clean (flaps up) configuration at standard sea level conditions//flaps_up_stall_speed = 89.5 //// knots true airspeed KTAS - Stall speed of the aircraft in a "dirty" (flaps full down) configuration at standard sea level conditions//full_flaps_stall_speed = 73 //// knots true airspeed KTAS - Typical cruise speed of the aircraft in a clean (flaps up) configuration at a typical cruise altitude //cruise_speed = 225//// knots indicated airspeed KIAS (Vne) - Maximum design indicated airspeed. Also referred to as Never Exceed Speed or "Red Line" of the aircraft. = 505 mph IAS//max_indicated_speed = 439 // -------------------------------------------------------------------With the usage of the above mentioned numbers, said aircraft would be 'in sync' with the 1% P-47M released in 2002 for CFS2 from avhistory.org!'Pilots', that intend to use said aircraft in an official leg of the upcoming RTW06, have to change the [Reference_speeds] section of their aircraft.cfg file of said aircraft to the above listed numbers (notepad as an editor to do this task is sufficient)!

Guest Gnoopey

Quote:Originally Posted by FerrorThere is no need to modify it according to the judges, so why modify it ? And are you posting this on the Avsim and Flightsim forums as well ? I know there was no need - but I'm also always open for more 'realism' as well as for a close competition. I had no better data than what was presented to me. That was the main motivation behind this post.I'm even going one step further - I'm attaching the latest FD build 41 which now looks as follows (for even better integration with the above posted limits):+ Weight: 11413 lbs Max 15650 lbs+ Power: 2800 BHP MAX (wet) @ 2800 RPM+ Power: 2100 BHP MAX (dry) @ 2600 RPM+ 8.0g Corner speed: 290 mph IAS+ Max speed @ SL: 392 mph TAS+ Max speed: 475 mph TAS @ 32500 ft+ Climb rate: 4200 ft/min @ 165 mphFlight Dynamics By: gregoryp & tomkMudpond Virtual Aircraft @ Gnoopey's -