Sign in to follow this  
Guest Manolito

Race routing

Guest Manolito

i've read that the first leg is flown by a certain pilot (unfortunately i forgot the name)butwho is flying those other legs? and with what kind of plane? from what i know we've got to fly certain types on one leg or the other?so...who are the gallant pilots flying for the avsim-team past midnight and into the next morning?...who is doing the "night-shift"?(or is this the wrong place to ask such questions?)

Guest Jozef_K

Manfred,First leg is tradionally for Jeroen (who is already flying now) with Arrvoo as wing.Certain types of planes (oldies) come later in the race, for now fly as usual (that means FAST).Who is next depends simple on who is available at that time (just as in practise).It's now a matter of getting as fast as possible (within the rules) en route and cover distance.Details can always follow.Regards,Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

I'm flying the first leg. After that, whomever is awake and feels capable.

Guest thespazzz

I'm ususaly up late nights as my wife works evening shift and gets off at 12. Im the sort who can't just "go to sleep" after doing stuff so I usualy need a few hours to wind down. I plan on keeping a close eye on the forum and picking up the batton if it gets dropped overnight. If I could get a few more people who could help me with this we could proboboly carry it over the 4 or 5 hours that the rest of the world sleeps *heh*

Guest leon.schuiling

I will be sleeping now and have to work tomorrow however i will be online 2200 CET (2100zulu time) to do a leg.i am sorry that i could not get free of work to do this race during european daytimegreetingsleon. schuiling alias PH 1060

Guest leon.schuiling

BTW what is the avsim IRC channel?

Spazz,I usually have too many obligations between work and family to fly during the day, but I get on around 0500 UT (10pm Mountain Time in US) So I can work with you to keep it going at night.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Manolito

well jozef...as you can see in the race thread they're flying beech 58s to EFMA...not exactly the fastest one could get...;-)..i take it that since they're required for one leg or the other it's no big deal...otherwise one should (maybe) make it clearer that in this phase of the race we're ALL going for SPEED (?)

Well, as this is a fairly short leg we might as well get one more of the classics off the board. You did read that you have to fly a leg in each (most) of the classics during the race? It's in the rules...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Manolito

yes sven...i'm aware of this...i figure that it's THE TEAM that has to fly each of these types -NOT EVERY member of the team has to fly ALL of these types...right?

Kandahar OAKN Islamabad OPRN (overfly OPMF to get to the valley) Srinagar VISRSafdarjung VIDD 105 485.5 Darbhanga Z13X 93 328.5 (now called VE1L)Barapani VEBI 70 308.8 Putao VYPT 156 182.5 We may want to put in some of the classics between Darbhanga and Barapani and cut up that leg.

Is it still Talil-Shiraz(OISS), or has that been changed back to OIKK? Talil-Shiraz is a short leg. Any reason for that?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

reason is to have more time to get to Kreman through the mountains.

Thanks, Jeroen.It might have been that the leg was to be flown by a classic.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH