Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

No more autospoilers,...why?

Hi,What is it that makes the visual autospoilers stop work?Suddenly I can not get the autospolers to work on ANY aircraft!! Before it worked on some, but now I can not get them to autodeploy on any aircraft.1. I deleted the FS2002.cfg file, and started up "fresh".2. I checked the assignments in the setup, and it is "Shift + ' " just like before.3. I reinstalled the whole FS2002.4. I reinstalled the joystick.Nothing of these actions got back the "Autospoilers" !!!!???What

Staffan

StaffanI've never had the bloody things working perfectly. I just find that on some aircraft I can arm, and on others I can't. I've just given up trying to make the autoarm via keyboard work, in much the same way that I've given up trying to understand the irrational approach of the Polish government to taxation.I find my time is better used enjoying your excellant DC-10 panel and looking forward to your B737-200 panel for FS2K2 ;-)Best wishes from cold and cloudy Warsaw, Poland!!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Staalplaat

Hi Staffan,Exactly the same problem here! I also took the same steps as you did to correct the problem (except for re-installing fs2k2, that would take me a week!) and no solution yet. Very, very strange. I figure I've had this problem for two weeks now. It must have been something we installed that makes a different configuration somewhere.Unfortunately I haven't been able to fins any form of a solution for this stupid problem. Let's hope someone does.Regards,Lennart

Staffan,Did you change something in your controller (= yoke/stick/pedals) configuration lately ? Since you have the problem with all your aircraft, maybe FS2K2 assigned an axis to the spoilers; if so, this WILL interfere which spoiler behaviour.Check the following in FS2K2:Go to Options-Controls-Assigments, tab Joystick Axis, and verify (for all connected controllers) that there is NO assigment for the function SPOILER AXIS.Rob

Thanks Rob,I will check. :-)Staffan

Staffan

Guest cloudtops

As I'm new to the forum community, I'm not sure as to the decency or acceptance of providing a link to another sim site's forum in which a possible solution has been posted. Can someone let me know whether it would be permissible to do this? I saw a posting on another site's forum in regards to this auto-spoiler deployment issue.Thanks,Kevin

Guest Roath

I use to have that problem. Use shift-/ to arm but no guarantee they would deploy (must have autospoiler armed, throttle to idle, press F2 to activate spoilers and reverse thrust). Sometimes they would and sometimes not. Finally saw a difference and they work for me 100% now. I used to load a saved flight then an acft etc... Most of the time, spoilers don't work.Now I ALWAYS use the "create a flight" screen. Choose acft, set weather, load flight plan, set fuel - then when everything is complete I click "go fly" and they work.I've had others tell me it also worked for them. Give it try.Phill Roath

Hi,I guess it keyboard assignments depends on the language the keyboard was made for.On my swedish keyboard, the assignment for spoilers has always been the ' , and for autospoilers the Shift + ' .But I gave up, and installed the AutoSpoiler gauge. And with that gauge the autospoilers works every time now,...go figure..;-)Fly safe,Staffan Ahlberg

Staffan

Make sure your flight-yoke / joystick is calibrated correctly specially the throtle. The spoilers will only auto deply when just before touchdown your throtle is fully idle. Check the settings in FSUIPC. Wait till properly touched down then give reversed thrust.Jack