Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

PREPS Thread #2 (PREPS, Scouting and Chitchat)

Guest sfoofficer

Huh?! What was that?! I'm sorry, but that ringing sound won't go away!!! :-hah

I SAID: "DONE THAT MESELF..."Whatsamatter - Ya' def?:-beerchug BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Nice paint, Vince.Great job all around.M.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

ROTFLMAO

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

That was fun, but I must apologize for the error with my realism settings. Rookie mistake. When I did some test runs, I did not look too deep in the text files. Glad I could help keep the baton moving. Tired today, but looking forward to pitching in. Go Team AVSIM!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

That P-51 is a FAST BIRD! Looking at your text file, you had a very good average speed.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest thespazzz

No Prob Buzz,The whole point of wingmen are so that if the main pilot messes up were not compleatly SOL. I'm glad I could help out and get my very first baton carry "Kill" mark on the plane :-)BTW I'm sorry I didn't get anymore screen shots with you. After take off you were just kicking my butt for speed. Those tanks make alot of drag don't they :-)

Guest thespazzz

If anyone likes my paintjob in the screenshots below send me an e-mail at spazzz@gmail.com and I can send you the photoshop template so you can make your own "TeamAVSIM plane".

I just finished my first ever RTW flight. Even though the whole flight was over water and it was dark, it was still pretty interesting, at least the later part. About half-way, I began seeing some lightning up ahead, I actually thought it was quite suiting, since I was flying a Lightning :-lol. When I then came closer to the lightning, the plane started to rock around violently. I got adviced by Sven to turn off the autopilot if the plane started to move around, so I did that, and tried to keep the plane on altitude and course by hand for a while. I also tried to take some screenshots of the lightning strikes, and actually got one, out of something like twenty attempts :), and it wasn't even a very good shot :(. After I got out of the lightning storm, I thought: "Whoa, hope it's smooth flying after this", which it of course wasn't. Then I had a little scare when I looked down at the altimiter and thought it said 8600':-eek , so I pushed my stick full forward and then noticed I was at 7600' :-shy. Then it was smooth for a while then another lightning storm, that held on pretty much until landing, had good smooth wheather on final though.When I started o write this, Sven pointed out that there was a beautiful sunrise in FS, so I started up my plane and flew away to get some screenshots of it.Screenshots will be right up, have to switch to IE, Opera won't let me upload pictures here...edit: Oh no, seems my screen capture program has stopped working, didn't get any of the sunrise photos. too bad, they looked really good... Very well, here are the rest of the screenshots, attachment1 is the lightning one :DAnd I'm sorry for the low quality of them, I should have turned the quality thing in the screen capture program to max...Klas

Guest sfoofficer

I know. Everyone knows how fast the 'pony' is, but actually seeing those numbers still made me go :-eek :-eek !!!Made for one heck of a wind chill factor too. :-hah

Good flight, well done!!There was a slight tremor in your voice, when you first mentioned the lightning ahead, and I can imagine what went on in your head: "Oh, no... Not when I have the Baton". But you did well and didn't panic!Actually, the thing about disconnecting the A/P: With slight to moderate turbulence it's not necessary, but as it gets worse the autopilot can't cope and might end up flying you into the groound. In real life, the autopilot disconnects itself, when it can't cope.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest sfoofficer

Left PWAK approx 20 behind Chris and Gazer. Lit the burners hoping to grab some nice screenshots of them.I accomplished half of my goal.Chris at altitude as I swooped in under him. His attempts to get me a soda and a bag of chips failed.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142763.jpgIn formation. How I envy those comfy seats and inflight entertainment.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142764.jpgThis is why I only finished half my mish. Before I could get to Gazer, my Tweet's tiny tanks exhausted themselves, some 790 nm from PJON.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142765.jpgI'll put this as delicately as possible... HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!Going For A Swim,

Good Job and Thanks for helping the team! I flew my first flight last night. Even with clear weather, with everyone watching you make your approach, it can be a little intimidating.Looking forward to contributing a bit tonight as well in a bout 5 hours.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest thespazzz

I'm happy to say that Alex ditched the plane and the Team Search and Rescue Choppers picked him up (somewhat wet) and ferried him over to PJON :-)Edited to add pict.