Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

PREPS Thread #2 (PREPS, Scouting and Chitchat)

Ok I posted 10 screenshots of my approach and landing into PHSF.Take a look at them in the screenshot forum, and post a comment if you like.Thanks,JoeThread & Screenshots here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=226747&page=Short Montage 10 shots in the screenshot forum...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142797.jpg

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Good show, great job!.Some 15-20 minutes after you left, I was struggling away in the B-17, when something suddenly whizzed by me - Alex, of course, claiming to be in a rocket-powered B-17 :)Didn't get a picture, though...He was past me in a flash!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

My first leg as primary baton pilot in 2005 race. Done in the cool clean unrestricted airspace of the eastern hemisphere. I count myself fortunate to get the opportunity to fly one of the last great propliners on the longest leg yet of this years race. I am confident we will be successful particularly as I am supported by wingman Mike MacKuen. Decide to take 65% fuel in order improve climb speed and stay below MLW on arrival at KSFO. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142833.jpgClimb to cruise altitude of FL240 without incident but encounter convective activity (thunderstorms, lighting, turbulence) in the first two and a half hours of flight. Suddenly Jeroen who had been flying ahead in a DC7C announces that he has overstressed without warning and without an overspeed. MM and I decide to reduce speed somewhat to avoid a similar fate. Last three hours require attention to winds as the circular wind phenomena creates numerous sudden overspeed conditions.Small glitches with flaps and autopilot approach mode necessitate hand flying of the final but it goes smoothly and landing is without incident.Jeff Williams (KDCA)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest thespazzz

These shots are from 2 flights the First being the Vega Leg when I was flying jumpseat with Vicious and the second is from my early morning flight with Speed.

A great Trans-Pacific flight as Wingman to Jeff. I made an initial mistake by not setting the Duenna PAR-free and had to restart to be safe. (In the Western Hemisphere, the committee should probably allow Duennas showing altitude errors if the textfile shows no other errors and a completed flight.)The first half of the trip was over and through thunderheads, with lots of sparklers and boom boxes doing their best to keep us alert. Then we started to get severe windshifts. Happily for the official pilots, Jeroen flew scout alongside and was the first to encounter the fast shift

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can forward me the Multiplayer IP.. I have logged onto bushnet several times but no-one is ever there.. Where is everyone..Email me the ip at eamonn.watson@flyacva.comThanks

spacer.png

Eamonn,Check your mail.Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest sfoofficer

Sort of a penance... for my messing up earlier this morning.