Sign in to follow this  
Guest thespazzz

Now that the gang is mostly here.

Guest thespazzz

I want to say its great to see you guys again. Despite my intentions I wasn't able to see you guys over the course of the year. I'm sure we've got some interesting stories to tell over the course of the race.That being said. I think it's time to start arranging practices. This race will probably be one of the tightest we've ever seen. Both Flightsim and Sim Outhouse have already begun practices. I know I'm somewhat the new guy here having only participated in the 2006 RTW race. However if no one has any objections I'd like to set up and run a practice session this weekend.What do you guys think?

Hi VinceSure, go right ahead. I'll be there if at all possible. BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest sfoofficer

Going to be out of town on Fri, but I'll be there Sat. My Pony should be outta the shop by then. ;)FYI - Don't ask me to bring along the Comet. I gave her away to charity... after hacking it to pieces with a spoon!!!

Hi Alex,QTEafter hacking it to pieces with a spoonUNQTEOh... and why was that...? Can't seem to remember... (Wink, Wink, Hide Hide) :+ BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest thespazzz

I think I'll be holding practice either Saturday or Sunday.MetroAir is having a birthday event this Friday that I've been committed too by my boss there ;-) so I'll have to run this around it.I'm thinking of maybe running a relay from say Detroit to Seattle and back, focusing mainly on completing the run with as few errors and penalties as possible, practiceing the forum posting procedures and running the Duenna program. This would be a tremendous opportunity for the new pilots to get to know the procedures and as a nice refresher course for the rest of us as well.If I get enough interest I may split us into two teams and make a little mini race out of it.Thoughts? Still got a week to work this out and I'd like this to be something everyones interested in. I'd also like to hear from some of the more Senior folks. Don't want anyone to think I'm trying to Hijack anything here ;-) Just real anxious to get started.

Guest jtwillia

I'm not sure if I want to self identify as a "Senior" folk but I guess I qualify. ;)Thanks for taking the lead in getting practice sessions started. The sooner the better. I will not have as much pre-race time available as I did last year so any and all help is appreciated. You can probably use bushnet for on-line multiplayer and teamspeak for the initial practice runs. Good luck. I will join you if I can.

Guest sfoofficer

"Oh... and why was that...? Can't seem to remember..." Hey. Has anyone seen Sven? ***Bats a spoon against palm...***I've gotta... talk to him. Yeah... TALK! ;)ROFL

Guest Captain L

lol Alex :D Hey us Concorde guys need to get together sometime. Hmmmmmm maybe we could get started a couple hours earlier on saturday and fly Concorde down from somewhere and meet them at DTW.... ??? Maybe? Maybe not?

Guest sfoofficer

I'm up for that. Granted, I'm not too hopeful for an SST this year (MAJOR HINT), but it's always good to be ready for surprises.

Hi Guys,I find that more and more real-life things are talking time away at this time. I might be able to join you guys for a Lawndart run, but let's see. In any case, the idea is good. I remember last year, where we had *lots* of problems during training. If I remember correctly, it took a few tries to get everyone from A to B on one piece.BrgdsSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Captain L

That is exactly why I think its a good idea to do some runs ;) just in case :D

Hi All,As the training run is nearing Hawaii, we might consider this a chance to roll out the Lawndarts PHNL-KSFO.Just a thought :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Which concord are you flying? I have been looking to get 1 because it is not something I have at this time.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hi,Well I have both PSS and SSTSIM Concorde, but have mostly flown in PSS. Not because it flies better (after the latest patch, quite the opposite in fact), but I'm simply more used to it. Also, while it may be more authentic to use the INS, I really HATE having to enter all these long/lats every time, there is no way to save them - even if there was in the real Concorde.I don't think either of them are FSX compatible.I have the ITTV Concorde DVD - *really* nice stuff and a lot to learnBRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Captain L

I have the PSS Concorde. It is very nice :)