Sign in to follow this  
Guest thespazzz

Saturdays Practice Time and Info

Guest thespazzz

Ok, Since the race veterans (better term than Senior I think ;-) ) have given me the ok to organize this practice. Here is some basic information on what I'd like to cover and software you should have ready.Teamspeak - Voice Chat Softwarehttp://www.goteamspeak.com/. Connect to : "bushflying.org" as an unregistered user RTWDuenna - Flight Validation Software http://www.johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/Download the FULL INSTALL version and then the Beta 89Rev update.I plan to start practice at 6PM EST this Saturday evening on Teamspeak. I first intend to go over the proper procedures for running the race. How to setup and run the Duenna, how to format the posts, how to claim and release the baton and validate flights. I strongly recommend new racers to attend this session. Help will be given to get FS properly set up if needed. I hope this will me a relatively painless and quick process.After words I want to set up and run a quick rally run from Detroit, MI (KDTW) to Seattle Washington (KSEA) and back again so you can practice catching the baton, releasing it again, and validating the flight.The time IS negotiable if enough people need it moved just reply to this thread and let me know. I also would appreciate it if you could reply to this thread if you intend to be there.Also if anyone needs to contact me outside the boards my info isSkype: vince.novak (preferred *carpel tunnel stinks*)AIM: imcspazzzMSN: spazzz@tds.netY! : thespazzz

Hey VinceThis looks very good - great work!Will do my utmost to join in (chances better than 85%) :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Looks like a late night for us then Sven :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest Captain L

Alright, I will try and make it, I have a VATSIM fly in that I need to attend but after that I will join you guys.

OOPS, 6PM is OK, but I missed the EST. That will make it 2300 here, unless I'm wrong. Since I have an appointment fairly early on sunday, I may have to pass on that.I'll see what happens, but the probability has gone down quite a bit:-hmmm BrgdsSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest thespazzz

I can try to push it back a few more hours if you guys would rather I did. I forgot how many of us were over in Europe.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Ok, count me in. Very interested in learning about this and helping out in any way that I can.--Mike

I don't know if I will be able to join in at 6pm EST. That's dinner time around here and I'm the cook. I'll come up on teamspeak when I can break free, maybe after 7 EST, to see if you guys are still carrying on. Maybe I can join in progress? If I don't make it this time, I'll try to catch the next one. Happy flying!CB

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Great initiative spazz. I wish as a newbie last year i had something like this the help integrate into the team. I'm sure i wasn't alone in being a little apprehensive in joining all these experienced guys and running the risk of making a fool of myself by doing the wrong thing. Hopefully this will be a nic way aof attracting more people.Can i suggest that we also restart the normal practice runs we made last year? As we have a lot of veterans re-racing again this year who know the procedures and it won't take long to get in the swing of using the software, making the baton handovers and posting on the forums again. i know i've been getting reaquainted with Duenna and my racing stable again.How about we start off by using last years race route? We can always change things as we go along or try different routes as people request.The first few legs were:EDDI ESMQ EFMA UMBB LRCK LTAN LLMZ Z16N OISS OIKK If you need to brush up on the rules or want get a feel for how things are done check out the race website http://users.adelphia.net/~mattsmith19/RTW/ or look in this forum for the Practice race threads such as http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=1621&page=7

Harv.png?dl=1

Hi HarveyFunny, I was thinking along the same lines - why not pick some sections of last years race? After all, we need to practice SOMEWHERE...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest thespazzz

Late arrivals are always welcome. Feel free to hop on and join us when you can.

Guest thespazzz

>Great initiative spazz. I wish as a newbie last year i had>something like this the help integrate into the team. I'm sure>i wasn't alone in being a little apprehensive in joining all>these experienced guys and running the risk of making a fool>of myself by doing the wrong thing. Hopefully this will be a>nic way aof attracting more people.It seems like a nice way to start things off. My first race was last year and thats exactly how I felt. I plan on running additional practices after this initial run.>Can i suggest that we also restart the normal practice runs we>made last year? As we have a lot of veterans re-racing again>this year who know the procedures and it won't take long to>get in the swing of using the software, making the baton>handovers and posting on the forums again. i know i've been>getting reaquainted with Duenna and my racing stable again.>How about we start off by using last years race route? We can>always change things as we go along or try different routes as>people request.The first few legs were:>EDDI ESMQ EFMA UMBB LRCK LTAN LLMZ Z16N OISS OIKK Sounds as good as any route. I may still do my KSEA run as I originally planned but running last years route may be a better choice. If not this time around any new practices will probably incorporate that.>If you need to brush up on the rules or want get a feel for>how things are done check out the race website>http://users.adelphia.net/~mattsmith19/RTW/ or look in this>forum for the Practice race threads such as>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=1621&page=7

I will try to get on. I would think running last years route might make it easier to run the practice because you have legs that are already defined. Might save you some time and trouble of planning 2 hour legs. Cheers!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hi VinceI think you should stay with your Detroit-Seattle run for your saturday outing. If you start at EDDI on 6PM EST, it will be pitch dark. While our newcomers will have to try that eventually, I don't think it's a good way to start.Just my 2 :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH