Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Last night's practice, and a call for help....

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Hey guys!Last night was a blast and some of the most fun I've had with FS since I picked it back up after a 12 year hiadus (before FSX, I had only very lightly dabbled with 98, 2000 and 2004, last SERIOUS flying I did was in FS2 on a C64!!!)First flight was very eventful, with me flying lead in the Shockwave P-51D. I've only just purchased this plane Friday evening, so I haven't had a lot of time in it. 1/2 way over the water at 8000 ft the engine conks out. I start panicing on Teamspeak, but you guys helped me through it. Turns out I needed to switch fuel tanks. Thankfully the engine snapped right back to life (I was worried that I'd have to do a mid-air restart and not know the procedures!)First and 3rd leg landings were #### as well (both TOTALLY fogged in, couldn't see squat!) I primarily only do VFR flying, so I'm not up on use of the APP setting on the AP and how to do blind approaches using the instruments. Can somebody maybe work with me over the next 2 weeks to help me learn how to do that? I can tell that I'm going to have to deal with this a LOT during the race and I don't want to be the guy incurring penalty time on the team bringing us all down!Otherwise, last night was a blast! Hopefully the new version of FSHost will be out this week so I can connect up FSX to the server and fly online with you guys.--Mike

>>First and 3rd leg landings were #### as well (both TOTALLY>fogged in, couldn't see squat!) I primarily only do VFR>flying, so I'm not up on use of the APP setting on the AP and>how to do blind approaches using the instruments. Can somebody>maybe work with me over the next 2 weeks to help me learn how>to do that? I can tell that I'm going to have to deal with>this a LOT during the race and I don't want to be the guy>incurring penalty time on the team bringing us all down!See my sticky post in the team forums regarding blind landings... Written mainly for landing at unlit airports in pitch black of night, but will also be suitable for zero-visibility situations in fog/rain/snow/etc where ILS is not available.... :)Edit: posted before I noticed your response in that thread, guess you found it already... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Speed

err where are they? I missed the link to them last year until quite late as well. So long as they are password protected I dont see the harm in having a sticky with a link.