Sign in to follow this  
Guest thespazzz

Practice Session Saturday JAN 20th

Guest thespazzz

This weekends practice session will be held this Saturday Jan 20th at 2:00PM EST (1900 GMT)I'd like to cover landing as this is most difficult situation to handle. I would like some of the more experienced members to reply to this thread and give me airports that are difficult to land on, and why?Unlit airfields, Terrain Issues, also landing in poor visibility. Also knowing WHEN to make the decision to go around.I'd like to practice these airfields as well as continue our practice run of last years race.

Hi Vince,Well, there are quite a few:Chritral (OPCH): High altitude, unlit, mountainsInnsbruck (LOWI): In a valley, offset ILSMadeira (LPMA): Runway 5, circle to land, turbulenceAnd then there is the place that you and I flew into last year in South America (can't remember code): Low, winding approach, bridge in front.I may join you, but later, as we are having guests that evening.Have funBRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

SCAS Puerto Aysen Chile - Now that Google Earth has a good photo we can see that the airport is on the wrong side of the river in FS - but the bridge would be an obstacle for anyone flying up the river looking for the strip in the real world- just as in FS.

The ones used in the speed run through the Alps last year would also be good candidates.I'm going to try to make this next session. Timing looks to be pretty good!CB

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

I am going to France Snowboarding from Sat20th AM till 27th Jan .Though it may be Grass boarding with the current mild climate in the alps leaving sod all snow . Just to let you know I have not vanished just doing my other hobby :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest Captain L

Ahh I am going to Colorado to do that. :) I will not be attending because of that. I wont be around this weekend, next week, and next weekend.

Hmmm, seems like skiing is taking its toll this year - and they haven't even come home yet with their arms and/or legs in a cast...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Back now No bones broken , just the usual aches and pains , which seem to get more as the years pass :(

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Whew!Had visions of your working the stick and rudder with your arms and legs in a cast...

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1