Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Calling Team AVSIM's Concorde Drivers...

Hi Guys (any Gals, feel free to flame me...),While I really don't think there will be a supersonic corridor this year, it just might happen...So let's get our act together and do the Concorde route from 2005:NTAA-SCIP-SCEL. This is a good route to try out because:1) The airports aren't *really* built for Concorde.2) There isn't ILS on all runways.3) The legs are pretty short, so to avoid overweight/overspeed landings, you will need to fiddle with the fuel loading.I propose we get together on SAT 03FEB07 at 1900 UTC on the tarmac at NTAA.Any takers ?BRGDS Sven Sorensen, EKCH

SvenI haven't taken mine up in over a year, but maybe it's safe in numbers. I'll try to make it as well.CB

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

You are one sick puppy! I still have nightmares about flying that Concorde hop in 2005 and overrunning the runway at SCEL. (shutters)It's been a few years, so what are the best Concorde models available?

Guest SoarPics

I don't fly the Concorde but I'll join along and race you guys in my P-51. And no, I won't accept any bets!! :-)

I would love to join you guys, but not sure if I can.Tried to reinstall my SSTSIM Concorde using the F1 wrapper, but it didnt want to execute. Redownload didnt help.Unless I get this sorted out in a couple of days I have no Concorde to fly :-(

Jan,Did you get an error-message indicating license problems? The F1 wrapper is very sensitive to hardware changes.Would love to see you on this event!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Hi,Overall, SSTSIM has the best flight model and the most 'Bells and Whistles'. I do think it is the one that requires most 'procedure'PSS is a little (but only a little) forgiving, and has a much better 2D cockpit IMHO.I mostly fly PSS, but that has to do with me hating to enter all these LAT's and LONG's into the INS *every* time.Yes, I know the airport at SCEL only too well :-mad You might say that I have a score to settle there.....BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

No error or anything...Nothing happens when I try to run the wrapper executable.I've installed all my other F1 wrapper addons with no problems.

Now that's strange...Check the Application log and System log for errors.And, of course

I will try and get on. I have the SST Sim that this is very procedural. Trying to get a handle on it. It sure has been fun.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

One of the most amazing things I've ever heard in FS was Smitty coming on final on TS. I was at work and trying to keep my boss from seeing me listening to "music".You could hear the sweat popping out of his forehead as he came in on that final and then the plane would not stop going a few yards past the end of the runway.

Maybe the "greatest moment" in RTW history!Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Well, well - short memory it seems.It appears that the last leg was SCIP-SCTE, not SCEL...My bad.Good thing I aint flying this year - First I take off from the wrong airport, then I'm on my way to the wrong one...Jeez...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH