Sign in to follow this  
OMillerJr

Navstar 99,...what happend to David Drouin ?

Hi,Just would like to know if someone knows what happend to the programmer of GPS98 and NavStar99, David Drouin ?His site, http://www.navstars.com , does not exist anymore.The NavStar99 is IMO the best addon ever, together with FS Navigator.For you who don

Staffan

I don't know what happened to him, but someone the other day on AVSIM stated that he is around and even continues to sell Navstar 99 without database updates. It is a great program and very accurate and reliable.

Hi,Sounds strange to me....:-hmmmIf he continues to sell the product, why is he "hiding" ? :-)And I agree, the product is very reliable and accurate.Staffan

Staffan

Can someone send me the navstar99 zip? I've changed to XP and now to 2002 and it needs to be re-installed. I've got my registration number, but can't find the original file I downloaded.

Yes I would like to use this product as it is good. Found my reg. # but neither saved or burnt the download program for future use. wish it could be had somewhere.Nick

I found it on Flightsim.com search under "Navstar 99".

Just to inform you all, that the picture above of the NavStar layout, is a graphic modification by myself. The graphics in the original program has the typical FS98 graphics. ;-)Fly safe, :-waveStaffan Ahlberg

Staffan

Hello Staffan,Good to see you on the forum, I have enjoyed your work. I sent David an email several months ago and it wasn't returned so I assume it's still a good address. He did not respond. I was looking for an update to GPS98.I've been using GPS98 since it came out and in case anyone's wondering, there's an update to the GPS98 database somewhere on the internet. (It works fine in FS2002.) I found it but unfortunately I don't remember where. Search Google for "GPS98" and you'll probably find it. It doesn't have all the information about each airport but at least about 95 percent of them are there with accurate coordinates.