Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

**Team AVSIM Accolades and Congratulations** Post Here

Guest Col_GCO

Congrats to Team Avsim too. Ya'll did some great racing. It was exciting to see the race so close this year. Everybody on ya'lls team did a fine job. Even though I didn't have the time to get a leg in, I still throughly enjoyed it. I hope to see everybody next year.Col_GCOTeam SOH

Hi fellow Team AVSIM pilots,If you want to stay in touch, please email me or send me a Personal Message through the forum system. (Click on MM on the members list.)If you are a newcomer, please send along your real name, location (city/state/country) and your favorite email address. Veterans might send along the same to be sure that our records are up to date.We'll compile a roster. Maybe we can do some events before next year's Race.Best,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Mike and all.... I have a better idea. Why don't we just leave this forum open all year round (with a slight name change)?

Guest iiMiller

>Sorry man.... >>Yeah, I didn't mean it in a vindictive way, just a "Yes, we>still have a chance" way. You guys really had us sweating>there after pulling that manuever using the corridors in a way>we hadn't thought of. We DID all feel really badly for you>guys when that happened. Nobody wants to win that way. But>then, this is a test of airmanship, and stuff like that does>happen. It was a very difficult landing there regardless (I>tried it in the Lear just for fun and missed 4 times and then>crashed on my 5th try.)>>To be honest, if you guys hadn't had trouble there, it would>have been a 3 way horserace to the finish and it would have>been VERY tight. >>--MikeNo worries Mike, it was a normal reaction. Everone had the same opportunities to land or crash, on every leg. I agree that it would have been good to see all three teams hit the finish line about the same time. It was quite a finish in any case!Gibbons

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

I really like the idea of leaving this forum open... 1) so people can come see our work all year long...2) because i'd love to organize and hold other similar (but SMALLER) events over the course of the year. I would LOVE to have some sort of "USA-Cannonball Run" type race requiring teams to hit all 4 corners of the lower 48 states, and then some bonus cities. Make it something that could be done in a weekend.So much of the yearly race is dependent upon effective, efficient route planning, so I'd love to get opporunities to do that sort of work over the year to improve my skills.--Mike

The final RTWR Victory Lap will be flown on Sunday, February 25, at 1700Z (12:00 EST). We shall fly from GCLP-GCTS, returning the baton to Reina Sofia on Tenerife. As the leg is short, we shall cruise at about 120 KTAS. Pick a suitable aircraft, preferably a default aircraft, to make the journey.We shall fly online together

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Captain L

I would just like to congratulate you all! You did a great job this year. Sorry I was not around as much I just have been really busy in the real world. I did however get to fly one leg lead and at least 2 as wing. It was fun flying with you guys. Can't wait for next year! :D C ya around!My email is lucas@highway101aerospace.com if you guys want to keep in touch. Like said before it would be nice to maybe do something over the summer, a shorter race for example. Maybe in Concorde??? or just the Pony? -Lucas

Guest Captain L

Hey Donny! Looking forward to flying with you in the race! we have done some fun stuff on bushnet, you would have a lot of fun in the race :)

Mike - Sounds Great

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Mike - Sounds like fun. I am in if you want some help putting something together. Even a 1 day event every so often could be fun.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest d.lahrman

I'm in also. I'll be watching for future announcements.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Ok, assuming you guys were talking to ME, and not Mike M, then give me a couple weeks to get life back in order before I start planning something up. I was thinking something along the lines of:-Hit the 4 corners of the lower 48 states, BUT can't hit the 2 on the east coast without doing a west coast one in between and vice versa, so you have to criss-cross repeatedly... -Pick up bonuses for landing at airports near specified landmarks-No jets, except for specified corridors. (And I was thinking of limiting the corridors to being Westbound only...)-Can start in any of the 4 corners, but you have to hit them all.-Maybe make an 8500 ft altitude restriction again, just to keep it interesting.-And flights can only be flown during the hours of 8am Sat (EDT) to 11PM Sun EDT. The race is paused until the following weekend (so as not to totally screw up everyone's lives again!)-Might throw some aircraft requirements or something like that in there too.-I wish there was a way to factor in AI traffic as well, to make it more realistic, but I can't see how that could be done since everyone would have totally different traffic packages and how would we check the AI traffic level?What do you guys think? We could set up like 6 person teams or something like that and compete that way.--Mike K.

Mike,I think this is a great idea! I would definitely be interested. Just speaking for myself, these races and fly-ins are a great way to get more out of FS. If we don't have the time to put a lot of planning into something, I would suggest recreating some of the great historical races or "first flights." Someone put the England-to-Australia race together a couple of years back, I think. The rules limited aircraft to those only available when the real race was run, and you had to at least land at the historical airport waypoints, I believe. That sounded like fun.Just some thoughts.Craig "CB" Taylor

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

The Final Victory Lap will be flown on Sunday at 1700ZWe shall use the AVSIM MP server. You know the address.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

as in bushnet or the race server?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE