Sign in to follow this  
svenks

I have a baton KFVE-KEPM caravan amfib

Well, the thing is: I don't have that many aircraft to choose from.And if they ban the P-51, they must also ban the P-38 since that also is capable of flying full throttle = WEP for extended time...If that should happen, then I'm out of options, since I never really liked the Avanti :-(BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest SoarPics

And if they ban the P-51, they must also ban the P-38 since that also is capable of flying full throttle = WEP for extended time...Not to mention quite a few other aircraft that don't have damage modeling. And I'm like you, Sven, I don't have much use for the Avanti.Maybe we should just use stock aircraft? (Oh wait... they don't have DM either).

dcc's P-38 *should* lose manifold pressure if the WEP is left on too long... I've had it happen several times... At least, the model of dcc's P-38 I've got does it, which I think is the J model....I'm just as happy in the Avanti as the P51 anyway (Avanti's a bit slower, but easier to takeoff and land....)But, yeah, I got the impression from 2007's rules that 2007 would be the last year for the ** P51 being allowed....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

The P-38 loses power after 5:00 min of WEP. Make sure you turn it off after 4:55 to be sure. The clock on the panel is handy - provided you don't get distracted and forget how long it's been running.Also - the 5:00 min is for the whole time the aircraft has been loaded. If you make one short flight and use WEP for 4 min - then fly the next leg - the damage modeling will go into effect after 1 additional minute.I have set a key combination to reload the user aircraft - and make reloading the aircraft part of my pre-takeoff checklist.

Reggie,Does the WEP feature engage when you firewall the throttles, or does the P-38 have a WEP switch? I can't remember, and I am at work now :)I have never seen this power loss occur, but that may be because I only use full throttle at take-off (and then not always), and if there is a WEP switch, I've never used it.Maybe we could save the P-51, if we had the Duenna check for power setting/time in full power. I for one would *HATE* to see the P-51 banned. Not that I mind flying the P-38 all the race, but the P-51 is so much more fun - and challenging!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

DCC's P-38J I have is an on/off switch... So, full throttle is full throttle with no WEP.. :)Dunno about the other variants, though....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE