Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Next time I'll read the rules...

Hi all, and especially and admin...Confusing this race with the real race, I've begun 2 race threads. The first one is the one to use, since Mike said: "...each team will create a single thread".Therefore it is correct to do what I started out to do, and its wrong to continue under Mike's Race start thread.If I could get an admin to move those posts, I would appreciate it!Thanks,Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Don't sweat it man, I'll figure it out...Also, I just updated the status page, but forgot to check over here for your flights (everyone else is posting over at SOH). I'll put yours into the tracker in a bit...Current stats will be shown at: http://web.mac.com/mkopack/Mikes_World/200...oss_Status.htmlIt's shaping up to be an interesting race with several different strategies already showing up...I need to get my #### in gear and get everyone's flights put into Google Earth so we can see the progress graphically.

This weekend's been a real pain in the you-know-what busy, but I'm hoping to launch myself sometime in the next 24-48 hours....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Also, a couple issues with the website....The rules page didn't seem to want to print cleanly and completely directly from Firefox... I got the first page and a blank page, everything after the map image refused to print... So I had to copy/paste into Wordpad just to get a printout....Second, the tracker page seems to get cut off... As if there should be more but gets cut off, even in mid-text... I'm scrolled completely to the bottom in the image.... Is it supposed to look like this?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Stone,Sorry about the website snafu's... I'm using the Mac iWeb program to do the web pages, and I'm still getting used to it and how it controls layout. Strange though, firefox on the Mac renders both fine, but not so on Windows. I bet it's a font/size issue...Anyhow, the last entry on the tracker is Flyin Bull, so you're not really missing anything else there...The printing issues of the rules - sorry about that. I had a HECK of a time trying to figure out how to get the map graphic in there. Would you believe iWeb has ZERO built in provision for setting up HTML Tables? Just to create the tracking tables I have to copy the cell data out of the tracking spreadsheet over into OpenOffice Writer, tell it to make a new HTML page, view the raw HTML and then copy/paste the raw HTML over into iWeb's HTML widget. I REALLY need a copy of Dreamweaver for the Mac....And no rush on the start man... When you get to it you get to it. By my calculations, it'll take about 24-28 hours of flying time to run the whole race, so if you get a day or two free you can knock a good portion of the race out in no time.I'll see what I can do about fixing the pages this evening with the next status update...