Sign in to follow this  
svenks

2nd official racing thread for Team Svenks

Talk about low vis - 1 stinkin' mile!!!!Fortunately the WX cleared briefly while 5 miles out, so I could get a fix on the airport. 5 seconds later, I couldn't even see the beacon!---WHEW---PS: Just did a fetch weather on AS: VIS 810M (that's meters, not miles), 1400 OVC, moderate snow...Double whewSven Sorensen, EKCH

Trying for Meigs. 715mn, should be able to make it under 2 hours with the tailwinds I expect...Sven Sorensen, EKCH

99 kts tailwind at fl280 = GS = 510 kts - YippekayeeeSven Sorensen, EKCH

Plenty of time...GS > 500 most of the way and new record of 515!!!Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Gotta love those tailwinds: New record GS: 526 kts...Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Mike thank you for a great race, I really enjoyed it - AND got to see some things I haven't seen before! For example, I've never seen Cape Canaveral in FS2004!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Congratulations, Sven!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Thanks, MikeI really didn't think I would make it - in the beginning my time for flying merely looked bad, but it soon turned even worse. This last week, however, I got lucky and had enough free time to make use of the tailwinds to do what I set out to do: Complete the race, not with max bonus or anything, but without crashes!!!A few close calls, though;-)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Thanks, ReggieLooking in the rearview mirror, I should probably have done my tracking at SOH, so I could see how/what the rest of you guys were doing. But I had hoped that DC would have had some free time, but that turned out not to be case. Tough luck, DC - you missed the fun :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH