Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Team AVSIM 2008 Roll Call

Hi again, I'll try to answer your questions.There is TS info in the private forum you should be able to see after StoneCold has given you access, but I'll send you a PM with it as well. The host of the server has limited bandwidth, so he doesn't want us spreading the address to everyone.Everyone can fly pretty much any aircraft they want for each leg. As you say, there are many aircraft exceeding specs, and they have been banned if they have been examined. If you check last years rules (I think there is a sticky thread on this forum with them) there is a list of aircraft that were not allowed for use.As for realism, the only rules are that you must have realism set to hard in the settings, and you must fly using real world weather. There is no need for AI or ATC or anything like that. You can use that if you want though, but since it's quicker not having to wait for permission to land etc. we usually fly without it. We don't really care about any real world rules I think ;)Like I said, I'll PM you the teamspeak info, and hopefully someone will be on there and maybe can help you get a practice leg in :)Klas

Would like to check in as a newbie to the race. Simmer since FS95. Will be using ** P-51D ( no have the H :-( ). D'Loaded and have all proggies set up and working. Can do parts of the race during off hours -- I get bad cases of insomnia!!!STONECOLD - May I join the private room? Cannot E-mail or private to ya. -- User disabled. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Greetings Windryder & Roman. Welcome to the team! If you already have the Duenna working I encourage you to try a practice leg. The current practice route and completed legs are here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=5305&page=1Most of us have found that it is important to practice baton forum postings in addition to actual flying of the race legs. Drill and practice will payoff during the race when posting will be second nature. Jeff Williams

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest Windryder

Great - Thanks for the info I will check my PM's; also the pvt forum was down it seems to be back up an will look for those TS settings and try to get that other program working.

New guys - I will be around in the evenings during the coming week. IF you have any questions, put a shout out. I'd love to get online with you on Teamspeak and The Multiplayer and fly as your wingman for a practice leg.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Windryder

Hi Buzz...I expect to devote alot of time to this race; after all I have time and no money to do anything else LOL.Time to put all these sim programs and computers to work !!Windryder

I was a part of this team for the last 3 years, I didn't get a chance to fly last year due to real world commitments but I was around and I logged in several times and had a look around. I hope to have time this year, I'll try and put some practise in this week.. :)

spacer.png

Welcome back. Grab the baton and get logged in on the private forums.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I'm back after an 18 month absense from Avsim (which included a 10 month gap in my FS activities apart from reading some forums).I may or may not be able to participate in the flying (I will try) depending on my schedule.A new job, study to upgrade my professional skills, and some other stuff have to take front stage this year.I'm however certainly available for planning and coordination work, certainly during evening hours and weekends CET and maybe for a quick check during my lunchbreaks.

Welcome back, Jeroen.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Great to have you back Jeroen

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Ditto! You were definitely missed. (standing ovation in the background...)!

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Hi JeroenThis is good news, indeed!!! You have been missed and not just because of your flying/planning skills!!!And congratulations on your new job and study - backk to the school bench, eh?A warm "WELCOME BACK",Sven Sorensen, EKCH

fulltime job during the day, evenings studying at home to expand my knowledge.