Sign in to follow this  

David Copleys Lockheed P-38

Guest PhilM

This was in Yesterdays uploads and Its a Great Plane.Excellent Virtual & 2D cockpit and the Flight modelwas good as far as my limited knowledge can tell.Comes with nice engine sounds also.Give it a try.

Guest guyjr

I wholeheartedly second this... I upgraded from the version he created last year, and it is simply amazing. Very easy to fly and control, and the low-level flight is truly thrilling. I took a short hop from Stewart Int'l (just north of NYC), down the Hudson past the city, circled around the Statue and headed to NJ to land, all the while keeping it b/w 100 - 400 feet off the hard deck going full throttle ~400 kts. What a ride! :) :-ukliam :)

I spent all night last night dropping into nearly every small airport in Oregon. Loved the plane! ActiveSky wxRE delivered clear skies, so I flew entirely by dead-reconing via the VC...awesome! High desert crosswind landings were kinda exciting...but all-in-all, I have found another favorite plane! THANKS David!!!....now I have about 48 favorites! I also very much appreciated the hisotry you shared with us! Keep up the good work!

Guest Air1

It is fantastic and a lot of fun, even with a engine out.Steve

Guest Air1

forgot to include the engine out pic. Truly a cool aircraft.Steve

Guest dcc

thanks for the comments! I wasn't sure anyone even noticed it, but it looks like it's been downloaded a fair amount. - dcc

Guest Air1

Just excelent David, how about CFS3?Steve

Yes, it's being appreciated. You do very high quality work Dave,Thanks Muchly......................S

Guest dcc

Steve, until yesterday (before MS announced FS:ACOF) I was gearing up to begin working in cfs3, especially with the success of the patch. Now I'm not so sure. From a designers pov, cfs3 is such a departure from previous sims that it has to be worthwhile to invest the time to learn all the new tricks of the trade. If those new skills don't transfer to FS:ACOF (as they did with previous fs/cfs) I probably will pass on cfs3, because my primary interest has always been flying rather combat. - dcc