Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Tubeliner Pilot Rollcall!

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Hey gang, As we saw last year, the jet corridor legs can make or break the race (for those that don't know, SimOuthouse jumped into a lead position but crashed repeatedly while crossing the Atlantic on a tough landing in 747's.)I know personally I'm TERRIBLE at the big jets. Many of the racers we've had in the past tend to focus mostly on the warbirds for the non-jet legs.I'd just like to get a roll call of who feels they're good with flying the big jets and most importantly, LANDING them! Please list your name, which jets you feel comfortable in, and what your expected schedule of availability is for the race (the jet corridor flights just happen when we get to them, so we might need jet pilots in the middle of the night...)Hopefully we'll have enough that we won't need to "train up" more. But I'd like to know that now rather than the day before the race!--Mike

I feel pretty confident with both the PMDG 747 (flies itself as long as you know how to operate the systems) and the Dreamfleet 727 (more manual, more fun, takes more watching)Been getting some seat time in the 727, but getting whacked by some buggy windows issues. Should be all set this evening. Been meaning to reinstall windows on my new machine because I did not like how I did a few things, (nLite install missing components) but then got sucked into the USA Criss Cross.It would be fun to arrange a practice session where everyone flies a specific aircraft

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I have a good bit of experience in the PMDG744 amd LevelD 767. I've been doing offline practice hand flying approach and landings. I will have less availability in the later stages of the race as I am unable to get off work.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I'm confident in the Dreamfleet 727 and Eaglesoft Citation X....I can also get a bunch of practice in the PMDG 747, if I can ever figure out how to start the thing without FS2Crew's help....... (Either I keep missing a step in the tutorial/checklist, or the tutorial/checklist I'm following is incorrect, because I can never get the starters to engage when I'm not using FS2Crew...)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I feel pretty good about flying jets, just make sure the arrival runway is well lit. I've got Captain Sim's 707, 727 and 757, although I have only just reinstalled Windows so I'll have to reinstall them (I hope the activation keys still work). But I was hoping to fly the corridors in my new Eaglesoft Citation X which is so sporty you could land on any old bush strip, even in the dark.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Really good PMDG Procedures guide. Nice tutorial to get you goinghttp://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/Going through this short flight a few times has been great practice for getting the aircraft set up. Of course, with no ILS to some of teh airports, you'll have to land it yourself.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

747-200 (RFP) and 767 (LVL-D).Concorde if needed, and of course the learjet has a pretty good range (though it doesn't compare to the big irons).BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Tbh i'm more of a jet liner pilot than a general aviation, or warbird one. I too am happy with the PMDG 747, LvlD 767 and many others. And my favourite planes are the Citation X (Eaglesoft and FeelThere). I'm also proficient with the Concorde if neededI have a hunch though that there won't be as much emphasis on the "corridoor" legs this year though, it seemed to me to be too important last year. Anyway it looks like we have things covered, although it would be nice if Basten showed up, as he flew a blinder last year

Harv.png?dl=1

I repeat Harveys previous post . Arrvoo and I spend most of our time flying the Jets . I am a massive fan of the citation X (eaglesoft) but also fly the usual suspects mentioned before :) (exception of concorde) . Looks like we have a fairly comprehensive roster of jet pilots if required :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

OK on the Dreamfleet 727 and PMDG 737-600/700. Have the PSS Concorde but haven't really mastered the landing (yet!). Have numerous freeware widebodies (L1011, MD11, 747-400) if they're acceptable and am comfortable with landing them (important feature). :-)CheersCraig

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Guest Spazzz

I'm comfortable in most any large jet. I had quite a bit of time flying 737's, 767's, I have a little time in a 747-200 and can get more time before the race if necessary.

Guest Captain L

These flights are my forte, I did a couple of the 747 and Citation flights last year. I am extremely comfortable in both the Citation 10 and 747. I have experience in the Concorde as well and can fly that. Jet wise I have:Eaglesoft Citation XPMDG 747PMDG 737LVLD 767PSS A318/319/320PSS ConcordeAlpha B1-B LancerAnd a lot of other ones. I would LOVE to fly these.

Guest Captain L

If you want we can go on Teamspeak together and I can walk you through the start up. I would be happy to do that if you would like.